Renegade Owners...FX loop "On/Off" via footswitch???

jdsjw13

Hey guys, just wondering about the FX switch on the Renegade foot switch. When you have the toggle in the middle for "both" does that effectively bypass or "turn the FX loop on or off?" Thanks

The 3 position switch allows you to select the channels on which the footswitch MAY be engaged - 1,2 or both. The footswitch button turns the loop on or off, although it will not override the 3 position switch. So, for example, if you have the loop 3 position switch on CH2, it can only work on CH2. It will not work on CH1- the footswitch will not engage the loop on CH1 in this example. If you are on CH2, the footswitch can engage/disengage the loop.

Thanks guys. Do you know if the FX loop circuitry is completely bypassed when you disengage the FX loop with the footswitch? I.e. if I have some pedals in the loop that aren't true bypass and I don't want them sitting in my signal chain when I'm not using them will the switch be able to eliminate them from my signal? (p.s. I know there are other ways to accomplish this like Loop-master or something like that but I just was wondering if the footswitch itself did the same thing. I'm thinking about upgrading from a Rebel 30 head to a Renegade and this is one of the features that the Rebel lacks that it wish it had.) Thanks in advance

jdsjw13":1hcovr1f said:
Thanks guys. Do you know if the FX loop circuitry is completely bypassed when you disengage the FX loop with the footswitch? I.e. if I have some pedals in the loop that aren't true bypass and I don't want them sitting in my signal chain when I'm not using them will the switch be able to eliminate them from my signal? (p.s. I know there are other ways to accomplish this like Loop-master or something like that but I just was wondering if the footswitch itself did the same thing. I'm thinking about upgrading from a Rebel 30 head to a Renegade and this is one of the features that the Rebel lacks that it wish it had.) Thanks in advance

Yup, it's a full bypass deal. So if you've got a delay in the loop, for example, when you disengage the loop, there's absolutely no delay.

I wanted to like that Rebel more than I did, but I played the Renegade through the Egnater 2x12 cab and that was all she wrote. I run the Renegade head through a Marshall 1936 2x12 which also sounds killer but not quite the same as the Eggy. I pair it with the Line6 M13 and I can make just about any guitar sound I want to.

Cheers,

Fester2k

Cool, thanks for your help. I think I'm going with the Renegade through the 2x12 (awesome cab) as well. I really wanted to like the Rebel 30 because I live in a studio apartment in NYC and the silent record option seemed like a godsend. Unfortunately, I thought the results sounded like muffled garbage.

The clean channel on the Rebel 30 is beautiful but I didn't dig the overdrive, I kept needing some more gain. I was going to just grab another pedal but for the same amount I could just get a better amp...the Renegade, which I think just kills and is much more versatile. Thanks again and enjoy your new rig.

Back