Renegade XLR line out

Dig

I've been reading about and "test driving" various amps for a number of months now, and I finally decided on the Renegade. I can't wait to start cranking out some killer tones! I have a question regarding the speaker emulated line-out. Is that signal between the preamp and power amp? If so, then I should be able to use my THD Hotplate as a load from the Renegade's speaker output and thus have a "silent record" with the line-out of the Renegade right?

Rogue who posts on here sent me a clip of the direct out that sounded really really good.

The direct XLR is a tap directly off the speaker outputs. This way, all of the power amp functions work on the direct out. You can use a Hot Plate as a load and the direct output will work fine.

The Renegade is a truely versatile amp. I use the record out all the time. You do need to keep in mind though, it is a mic level signal and not line level. You'll need a preamp first if you want to slave it to another power amp.

The frequency response of the XLR mic out, is a close match to a mic'd 4x12 cabinet.

I slave my Renegade into stereo effects and then into a stereo power amp, it sounds amazing.

I built a custom reactive load box that allows me to get incredible sustain, touch dynamics and Van Halen like distortion.

bruce egnater":2rwcqzf4 said:
The direct XLR is a tap directly off the speaker outputs. This way, all of the power amp functions work on the direct out. You can use a Hot Plate as a load and the direct output will work fine.

Thank you Mr. Egnater. That's exactly what I had hoped it was.

Dig":1701ui99 said:
I've been reading about and "test driving" various amps for a number of months now, and I finally decided on the Renegade. I can't wait to start cranking out some killer tones! I have a question regarding the speaker emulated line-out. Is that signal between the preamp and power amp? If so, then I should be able to use my THD Hotplate as a load from the Renegade's speaker output and thus have a "silent record" with the line-out of the Renegade right?
The XLR out sounds really good. I was going to start a thread about it but didn't. I've got an attenuator on the way and I have no problems at all with the tone coming from it for late night recording.

bruce egnater":np362rr2 said:
I'm curious what method you use for a speaker sim? I assume it has some kind of simulator because it sounds like it does. Whatever it is, it sounds great. Very natural and balanced. I've done the modeling thing with IRs in the DAW. While they sounded ok, I never found the one I was comfy with. I was a bit skeptical about the XLR out of the Renegade from that experience, but after trying it I was totally impressed.

Very nicely done. This amp just kicks all kinds of bootay!

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply to my question. I'm looking forward to making some recordings from the Renegade's XLR-out. :rock:

bamfx7":251xkj9k said:
The Renegade is a truely versatile amp. I use the record out all the time. You do need to keep in mind though, it is a mic level signal and not line level. You'll need a preamp first if you want to slave it to another power amp.

The frequency response of the XLR mic out, is a close match to a mic'd 4x12 cabinet.

I slave my Renegade into stereo effects and then into a stereo power amp, it sounds amazing.

I built a custom reactive load box that allows me to get incredible sustain, touch dynamics and Van Halen like distortion.
bamfx7,
I had to revisit your reply to my post here. This custom box that you built.... is this something that accepts the signal from the Renegade XLR out and outputs an instrument level signal?
I'm looking at different options to achieve a live re-amping sort of thing. I basically want to (without having to buy a 2nd Renegade) have a dry guitar signal going into my Ren. head then to my cab (obviously the simple part). ....And ... At the same time have the amped signal sent (possibly via Renegade XLR-output) through some effects for a wet-only signal going to either (A) the clean channel of my other amp (Fender Super-Sonic) or (B) a power amp (solid state or tube) and cab. As another option, I thought that I could somehow use the Renegade's effects loop for preamp out instead of utilizing the XLR out in the pre-described manner.
I've been researching some products from Radial Engineering as possible solutions.

Brief summary: I want two post-amp signals from my Renegade. Signal 1) to speaker cab. Signal 2) through some effects then re-amped. What's the best way to do this?

Am I making any sense to you? If so, then what would you advise? If not, then.... well, then I guess I'm on my own here. haha. :confused:

Back