Renegade XLR Record Line Out - Question

dgaemc2

I am very impressed with the quality of sound that I receive from my Renegade using the XLR out to my mixer. I have never owned any other tube amp that provided the warmth and clarity using a similar feature directly to the board/PA. In fact, I have always chosen to mic my amp to the PA for all other tube amps that I have owned with a "so called" similar line out feature.

The 1x12 combo is the only Renegade amp that I have directly connected to my PA using this excellent feature.

My question is this.......is the speaker simulation of the direct out the same for all Renegade amps.....or are they compensated for the particular amp? For example, is the 1x12 combo line out speaker simulation feature tweaked for a 1x12 cab while the 2x12 Renegade line out tweaked for a 2x12 cab, and the Renegade head line out speaker simulation tweaked for a 4x12 cab or are all of the line out speaker simulations the same with all Renegade amps?

I am just curious if anybody knows.

I will say this.....from what I have experienced so far.....Egnater is the "king" in closely simulating the true voicing of the Renegade using this great feature.

Nice job Bruce and team!! :thumbsup:

I suspect that all Renegade line-outs are the same, not compensated for speakers or configurations. I agree, it sounds great.

Back