Replace amp input jack - what type?

analogdigital

Hi, I need to replace input jack on a Diezel Einstein and two jacks on s Koch Powertone II.

I am not sure what sort of replacement jacks to use. I take it mono, closed circuit? Other specs? Most of what I read talks about two pin jacks, but seems I am dealing with 4 pin jacks.

I attached photos. The Koch is the one with small circuit board.

Some questions:

1. On Diezel, why is one corner of the jack connected diagonally to other corner? If I use switchcraft steel style jack, how do I replicate the original switch wiring? Am I correct in saying the original jack is 4 pin? Can someone show example of suitable, durable replacement?

2. On Koch, because it is connected to circuit board is it safe to say I need similar rectangle shaped jack, with 4 pins? Also, looking at photos, can you tell which jack is normal, and which is bright? Again, can someone point me to example of suitable replacement?

3. Other tips, advice? Apart from safety. I am aware of capacitors.

Thanks!
1000002663.jpg
1000002625.jpg
1000002622.jpg
1000002613.jpg
1000002606.jpg
1000002660.jpg
1000002654.jpg
1000002641.jpg
1000002634.jpg

For the Diezel, if you want open switchcraft style jacks, I think this switch might do the trick: https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/14-jack-switchcraft-mono-shunt-tip

I'm not certain why they did the diagonal wire. If I guess correctly about the functions of the wires, then that diagonal connection grounds one of the shunt switches in the jack when a jack is inserted. Why they didn't just run a wire from the lug connected to the red wire directly across, I'm not certain. Maybe they're playing games with different ground points. If you don't mind a plastic jack, and prefer not to figure out if that diagonal setup is particularly important, you could just get a cliff jack as mentioned by the previous poster.

For the Diezel a standard Marshall Cliff jack will work. For the Koch the PC mount Cliff jacks might work. You don't want to use Switchcraft jacks.

Ok, replaced the jacks. On the Diezel, all seems well. On the Koch, all is well but the guitar cable slides in too easily, and so can come out too easily. I thought what I bought for the Koch was same diameter, but could it be the Koch uses 6.3 mm jack and me using 6.35mm is allowing too much wiggle room?

Back