RIP Chris Cornell

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/chr ... sc=0cRySAJ

"Detroit police spokesman Michael Woody told AP Thursday morning that he couldn't release details about why police are investigating the death as a possible suicide, but noted there were "basic things observed at the scene."
Cornell died at the MGM Grand Detroit hotel, Woody said. He said Cornell's wife had called a family friend and asked him to check on Cornell; the friend forced open a hotel room door and found Cornell on the bathroom floor....

A guy on Facebook who works at the MGM Grand Detroit says they are saying it was possibly 'autoerotic asphyxiation'........which can be mistaken for suicide ...

RIP to one of my absolute favorite lyricists, singers, and guitar players. Not too many know Cornell played pretty much all the rhythm guitar on Superunknown. Dearest wishes and thoughts to Cornell's family as well.

I was thinking about scalping tickets to catch Soundgarden on Monday, really surprising and sad.

victim5150":5bk7a545 said:
Crazy. All the great grunge era singers are dead. Eddie Vedder is the only one left.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland, and now Chris Cornell.. Hard to comprehend really about Chris as I am in total shock!

Very sorry to hear this, he was a bit after my time, but I know how important he was to many folks and what a great voice and musical talent he had. Way too young...RIP.

This one really hurts for me. I really hope the guy BYTOR is referencing is right, if only to spare his family, friends, band mates the guilt and remorse that often comes when a loved one commits suicide.

I was really looking forward to Soundgarden's next album. King Animal kicked ass, and I thought they had a good shot at a really strong followup. Since I was 6, I've listened to Soundgarden and thought, man, I want to be a rock star. They were that band for me, and continued to be my favorite band up until now. Some came close and had their phases, but I knew that I could turn to Soundgarden whenever I needed to rock out, or mellow out with some of their melancholy songs.

Woke up this morning to a text from my cousin just saying "Chris Cornell? Wtf?"

He had my favorite voice in rock, period. Incredibly talented musician and frontman, perhaps at his peak now... and now gone.

Saw them at Lollapalooza in 2010 Chicago......it was awesome, but I also wanted to see them in a little more intimate setting.

I still remember first hearing Outshined on MTV in the early 90's & digging the hell out of Cornell just belting out that shit.....I was immediately a fan of both him & the band & loved many songs of theirs after that.
Cornell personally wrote most of the songs & riffs to their classics :rock:

RIP

I'll always remember him as the kid that keep jumping on stage at my gigs and singing on my microphone back in 1987. He just wanted to sing.

I remember hearing Louder than Love back in 1990, and it still is my favorite soundgarden record by a mile. His vocals on that are just incredible. Surprisingly wasn't into the commercial success of badmotorfinger, but temple of the dog was just beautiful art.

Back