Rockmanster pre solder joint question

Drkorey

I think Code001 siad that the solder joints are under the PC board.
What's the easiest way to get to those to check them for unslodered volume drop issues? I got the top off, do I unscrew all of the back input nuts and back panel screws??
My Rockmaster has very low volume and I know this is a common prob.

Thanks

i have the same problem...my volume cuts out. i want to get it fixed cuz i want to use the pre cuz i really do like it. although im afraid to take it all apart!

JerryP, where are you when we need you??? LOL

I just hope it's not too in depth of a process!!
My volume doesn't cut out it is just way low with my power amp maxed and I've tried it slaved into other amps and the volume is no where near what it used to be :(

its a common problem, and solder joints arent hard to fix. i want to get mine fixed soon though because i want to use it! its a sweet sounding preamp! plus, ill have a Peavey Classic 120 to run it through soon, and THAT is going to be a badassed rig! :D

>|<>QBB<
soc_monki":0f797 said:
its a common problem, and solder joints arent hard to fix. i want to get mine fixed soon though because i want to use it! its a sweet sounding preamp! plus, ill have a Peavey Classic 120 to run it through soon, and THAT is going to be a badassed rig! :D

+1 I have that exact setup, it's sweet as hell. I managed to get a framus cobra tone out of it once..

You pretty much have to gut the Rockmaster to get at the solder joints. They're on the bottom side of the circuit board so you have to remove the board. Every solder joint for the jacks has to be resoldered.
Jerry

hmmm now the question...do i want to do this myself, or have someone more competent do it? i think ill get someone else to do it who i know wont mess up the PCB! LOL

Back