Ronnie Montrose Tribute Guitars

50MkII

Master guitar builder and luthier, Gene Baker, posted this on TGP.
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... e+Montrose
:rock:

Who is interested?
I want a Red! Anyone who has played Baker guitars (the real deal) know what amazing guitars Gene builds. Those who have played my Baker which is virtually identical to The Beast comment on how good it plays. The listed MAP makes it a good value IMO.

Same here... It is likely a fine instrument but, visually, it doesn't appeal to me. Just my .02, which is worth darn near nothing :LOL: :LOL:

IndyWS6":1rprvbzw said:
Same here... It is likely a fine instrument but, visually, it doesn't appeal to me. Just my .02, which is worth darn near nothing :LOL: :LOL:

What two guitars do you have there in the pic (Ibanez with Floyd and Gibson)?

Gainzilla":1rprvbzw said:
50MkII":1rprvbzw said:
Nobody interested? :confused:
Ive been told that Baker builds a fine instrument but no, that guitar does nothing for me at all...

Based on your musical interests which sounds very similar to mine, I would think this is something you might be interested in test driving. Longer scale is the way to go IMO.

I understand he played Baker Guitars late in his career but I still associate Ronnie with a Les Paul Standard. I'm sure these are great guitars but there are a lot of great guitars out there to choose from.

50MkII":133sfxuu said:
IndyWS6":133sfxuu said:

What two guitars do you have there in the pic (Ibanez with Floyd and Gibson)?

Gainzilla":133sfxuu said:
50MkII":133sfxuu said:
Nobody interested? :confused:
Ive been told that Baker builds a fine instrument but no, that guitar does nothing for me at all...

Based on your musical interests which sounds very similar to mine, I would think this is something you might be interested in test driving. Longer scale is the way to go IMO.
RG770 Reissue and an Epiphone Les Paul Tribute (don;t laugh - it's a "good" one :LOL: :LOL: )

the first one is alright but I honestly am not interested in either. Build the LP standard form way back and you might be on to something.

rupe":rq9kki19 said:
I understand he played Baker Guitars late in his career but I still associate Ronnie with a Les Paul Standard. I'm sure these are great guitars but there are a lot of great guitars out there to choose from.

I hear you. For several years he was playing his Bakers almost exclusively. Back in the 2000's Bakers were noted for being 'LP killers' for good reason. That statement is every bit as true. Robben Ford was playing his (one was a Crucible, LP style body) during that time period when I saw him play slipping in his famed tele occasionally. I played several of them. Sold my PRS at the time that my Baker replaced. All of the ones I played at Gene's factory at the time ate my PRS for lunch- no exaggeration.

Back