Saw Eric Gales last night.

Who the fuck knows. I think he likes to hear himself talk. He was never better than in the 90’s when he had the band with his brother. Great tunes as well. This guy went from Marshall’s, Mesa Boogie, Two Rock, to the POS solid state toy amp he uses currently. In between bs tunes, shitty tone, sermons, and his wife onstage, I gave up on this guy years ago.
I'm certainly glad I didn't ask your opinion before I went. It may have ruined the evening for me.

I was with 2 other guitarists, both commented on how good his tone was and I have to confirm that he sounded killer!

Who the fuck knows. I think he likes to hear himself talk. He was never better than in the 90’s when he had the band with his brother. Great tunes as well. This guy went from Marshall’s, Mesa Boogie, Two Rock, to the POS solid state toy amp he uses currently. In between bs tunes, shitty tone, sermons, and his wife onstage, I gave up on this guy years ago.
To be honest, since you were complaining about it I figured you would know.

To be honest, since you were complaining about it I figured you would know.
I try to skip ahead to actual music. His sermons are all over YT. If he's not babbling about his past addictions (done already by SRV) , he's going off on Where's My Crown. He even named his album CROWN. He thinks he should be in Joe B's territory and he's NOT and never will be.
Here is a small sample. I would have been in my car driving home after 30 seconds of this BS-

Last edited:
I try to skip ahead to actual music. His sermons are all over YT. If he's not babbling about his past addictions (done already by SRV) , he's going off on Where's My Crown. He even named his album CROWN. He thinks he should be in Joe B's territory and he's NOT and never will be.
Here is a small sample. I would have been in my car driving home after 30 seconds of this BS-

I don’t mind him taking me to church and I enjoy hearing legit proselytizing. Besides you know he’s going to bring it when he’s done.

Back