Schecter Sustainiac pickup

I have a Jackson PC1 with a very similar system, it´s definitely cool for some stuff but you sort of have to play to it to get anything special out of it. There´s a good chance you wouldn´t know it´s on if you don´t lean into it a bit and leave space for it. In my book it is a special effect, and especially the harmonic mode can do some killer screaming feedback sounds.

right on. yeah that's how i viewed it. nothing like an always on type of thing but for certain sections using it like a special effect could be rad.

I've had several PC1s and now have one of those Sun Valley "shredder" Schecter models. Personally, I think the Schecter system comes on a little more quickly and it also has three "harmonic" choices as opposed to two on the Jackson. I think they're great fun and I've liked using them in my cover band but they would never be something I'd always need to have on all my guitars. They still operate as magnetic pickups but IMO they are sort of an afterthought in that capacity.

sleewell2":27dx2vd5 said:
man these look pretty sweet. who has played one? did you like or hate it?

I installed a Fernandes Sustainer in my Charvel Sol-Cal a few years back.

It's great for novelty Stevie Vai tricks and harmonics. The neck pickup for the sustainer did suck a lot of tone when using it as a regular humbucker (sustain off). It annoyed me to the point I returned it to a JB. If you barely use the neck pickup then it's perfect!

sleewell2":d4dd9xb5 said:
man these look pretty sweet. who has played one? did you like or hate it?

Love it!!! I have a Sustainiac Pro in my GMW LP

At around the 5:30 mark I switch to the GMW, and at 6:50 I turn on the Sustainiac:

Attachments

• GMWFloydPaul4-1.jpg~original.jpg
    GMWFloydPaul4-1.jpg~original.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 164
Back