Scumback Moving Sale starts next week 11/2/20

Scumback Speakers

Hey everyone...well, the time has come for Scumback Speakers to sell off a bunch of personal gear in preparation for our move out of California.

There will be an extensive pile of guitars, amps, cabs, speakers, tubes, and other parts for sale.

I will start posting to this thread as I uncover it, unbox it. remove blankets, take pics and provide descriptions.

Most of what you see in these two pics below are going to be up for sale.

dr1.jpg

dr2.jpg

demoroom10-13.jpg

Most of this gear is in new or mint condition. There's very little that has scuffs, chips, dings, etc although there are a few. All items will be
priced accordingly to condition, etc. Cash is king, PayPal is fine (those fees included in the posted price) plus whatever shipping is to your location.

Before anyone asks, the two purple Steve Stevens / Raygun prototype 412 cabs are NOT for sale! My 1967 Marshall "Queen/Dokken" logo'd narrow flange
metal handle stack with the original G12M 20w speakers is NOT for sale. My 1968 Marshall straight with four G12H30 55/75 hz speakers is NOT for sale.
The original Scumback 69 spec straight cab (once owned by James Lugo) is NOT for sale.

There are three 69 spec Scumback slant cabs and nine 69 spec straight cabs for sale. There's a few other 4x12's as well.

Scumback cab specs located here: http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/cabinets.html

Various Marshall 50w and 100w Metro & Scumback clone heads with the best components and NOS glass.

Around 40 Celestion frames rebuilt to Scumback specs...M75-PVC, H55-PVC, H75, H75-PVC etc.

About 20 guitars, too many to list until I have the time.

A lot of NOS glass, caps/resistors/etc that fit Marshall style amp heads. A couple TrainWreck and Komet clones with NOS glass.

This is just a sampling of what's going up for sale. All amps/guitars/cabs will be sound checked, and tested to be up to spec prior to listing for sale.

More in the coming week!

Jim

sales@scumbackspeakers.com 310-833-6632

And so it begins...

Waiting with much anticipation to perhaps the sale to end all sales.

Congrats and good luck on your move Jim.

LP Freak":e8auxdh5 said:
Where are you moving to Jim?

Prescott, AZ. Yes, I'm still going to build speakers! Hell, that's all I know how to do! LOL

Jim Kelly Amps, Bob Gjika Amps, and in 5/6 months, Scumback Speakers will be there. We found a house with a 6 car garage, so I can put all the cars in and it has a shop. I couldn't find that in CA for less than 1.5m, which we don't qualify for financially.

Just can't handle the taxes, politics, and business BS of CA anymore, but it's been a long time coming. We started planning this 8 years ago in NV, but the lot we bought was great, right up until the HOA said we couldn't build the house we wanted.

Anyway, I won't need all this fine demo gear for demos anymore, so...

Welcome to AZand Congratulations!! You will love Prescott! Any 8ohm 100 watt H75's?

Another welcome to AZ. I will be heading up to Prescott for my life insurance sales once it gets hot here again in Phoenix. I so don't need any more gear, but I want a lot of what you have.

Emg77":12celewc said:
Welcome to AZand Congratulations!! You will love Prescott! Any 8ohm 100 watt H75's?
Thanks! No H75 100w's, sorry.

Rick Lee":12celewc said:
Another welcome to AZ. I will be heading up to Prescott for my life insurance sales once it gets hot here again in Phoenix. I so don't need any more gear, but I want a lot of what you have.
Hey, if you're happy with your gear, good for you! I'm happy with mine, too...but I have way too much of it, to say the least. Wait till I start fleshing out the list...my own episode of "Hoarders" wouldn't be a stretch.

Congrats Jim! Good looking stuff. My family as well is leaving this wonderful*sarcastic state. Not sure yet where our landing spot will be? We were planning on Nashville initially, being as I am in the live entertainment/bar industry, but all this crap makes it hard to relocate anywhere. We've been planning the move for 2.5 years, but being as we keep hearing other Californians going there, it is kinda a turn off. haha

Hate to move to a colder climate again, but it the people are nicer and more sense of community I'm all for it. I'll keep my eye on the sale. Rock on Brotha!

Scumback Speakers":8570vowa said:
LP Freak":8570vowa said:

Prescott, AZ. Yes, I'm still going to build speakers! Hell, that's all I know how to do! LOL

Jim Kelly Amps, Bob Gjika Amps, and in 5/6 months, Scumback Speakers will be there. We found a house with a 6 car garage, so I can put all the cars in and it has a shop. I couldn't find that in CA for less than 1.5m, which we don't qualify for financially.

Just can't handle the taxes, politics, and business BS of CA anymore, but it's been a long time coming. We started planning this 8 years ago in NV, but the lot we bought was great, right up until the HOA said we couldn't build the house we wanted.

Good for you.... its a shame as California could be such a great state. Good luck going forward.

lespaul6":adtj3j9j said:
Good for you.... its a shame as California could be such a great state. Good luck going forward.

It's a shame what this state has become, because we still love the area, just not everything that comes along with it compared to what it once was.

So many bailing on Cali, coming to TX or TN.
I've been lusting after one of your raw straight 4x12s since I first heard one years ago.
Good luck with the sell and the move!

itsgoodnow":3ltk6pay said:
Local Prescott person here. Great town, hope you love it.

We were impressed enough to buy a house. It has about 95% of what we have here in LA. That's good enough for us!

I'm sure once the move is done it will be great!

Scumback Speakers":3jn5nte6 said:
LP Freak":3jn5nte6 said:

Jim,

You will thank yourself over and over for moving while you still can.

Best of luck with the move!

Back