Securing pedals to pedalboard

carl roa

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know of an alternate way to secure pedals to a pedal board aside from using velcro? Is there a way to get those pedals down so they are more easily removable? Would be nice to be able to pull pedals as needed without velcro ...

Carl

When I recently re-wired my wife's bass pedalboard, I used cable ties to hold her volume pedal down. I did have to drill holes through the board, so that might not be the best option for you. I've also heard of people using bike chain link pieces to secure pedals, but this also requires screwing things into the board.

without screwing things into the board, and easy to remove... and not velcro , don't really know

the first thing i thought of was maybe using a glass board with a kind of suction cup attachment on the back of the pedal...

but hitting pedals..glass board ..don't really mix =)

RockStarNick":2jn9u1xe said:
Am I the only person who actually LIKES velcro? I think it works great. But only the 3M industrial stuff.
yeah the 3M industrial stuff, you can lift a car with 3 inches of that stuff. Ive had to work a butter knife inbetween it and a pedal to get it off the board :LOL: :LOL:

jlbaxe":1ght9el6 said:
RockStarNick":1ght9el6 said:
Am I the only person who actually LIKES velcro? I think it works great. But only the 3M industrial stuff.
yeah the 3M industrial stuff, you can lift a car with 3 inches of that stuff. Ive had to work a butter knife inbetween it and a pedal to get it off the board :LOL: :LOL:

Yeh, that's what I trying to avoid! I don't mind screwing a chain of some type into the board to fasten pedal to a board ... anyone have any pics of a board with "fasteners" of some type?

Carl, I've been using velcro on my board but in a different way. I actually use velcro in long thin strips and then wrap it over the pedal in 2 spots and then under my board (pedaltrain). They hold pretty well and I can easily undo the velcro if I need to move anything.

Dual lock? I love it but it does take a flathead screwdriver to remove the pedal. Though it does pop right off.

carl roa":38ewz3dj said:
anyone have any pics of a board with "fasteners" of some type?

You can use these...

188101.jpg

Attach one with the screw from the pedal, and attach to the board with the other.

I just drill and tap two of the opposing corners on every pedal I own with a #6-32.
Most pedal have some variation of a #6 sheet metal screw, so it's not intrusive, just improving the pedal by using a machine thread over a sheet metal screw.

RockStarNick":aelsl3ms said:

+1
velcro is so simple and perfect, if it's done right!

Once apon a time, someone had this same dilemma.

They used Velcro.

Honor that ingenuity.

RockStarNick":2viiv8qh said:

I like velcro, but I glue it to the pedal, not that cheap sticky stuff that they bring which eventually goes off

RoidRage":2w174i9t said:
Shoot a PM To Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS...

He OWNS Pedal Boards! :yes:

Roid RAGE
This. Although I thought I read in Guitar Player that he uses Dual-Lock.

Back