Serena Fails to Even Mention Opponent in On-court, Post-match Interview... Again.

Monkey Man

Super Moderator
The Aussie girl was all-class, enduring the one-sided, 25 000-strong crowd against her that consistently applauded her service faults. After winning she didn't even walk out onto the court, as is traditional, to bask in the victory, instead giving the stage to Serena. Her interview was the same - all about Serena.

Serena herself failed to even mention, let alone congratulate, her Aussie opponent.

This ground my gears to the point that I felt compelled to post this. She's done this before. Discuss...

Never liked Serena. The grunting, screaming and general on-court demeanor were a turn-off.

During that game she was pulling some dirty tricks too. You are supposed to play at the server's pace and a few times she stood with her back to the server to delay play because she was tired despite the server being ready to serve.

And don't get me started on the obvious steroid use.

Her opponent, however, was the epitome of class despite the histrionics coming from the other side and having the crowd against her.

The Aussie girl was all-class, enduring the one-sided, 25 000-strong crowd against her that consistently applauded her service faults. After winning she didn't even walk out onto the court, as is traditional, to bask in the victory, instead giving the stage to Serena. Her interview was the same - all about Serena.

Serena herself failed to even mention, let alone congratulate, her Aussie opponent.

This ground my gears to the point that I felt compelled to post this. She's done this before. Discuss...
No shocker there. Me first attitude coupled with no care for sportsmanship. Classless entitlement.

During that game she was pulling some dirty tricks too. You are supposed to play at the server's pace and a few times she stood with her back to the server to delay play because she was tired despite the server being ready to serve.
Yeah Cliff; forgot to mention that. There was much I wanted to say but I held back, leaving things open a bit for you guys. :LOL:
Her opponent, however, was the epitome of class despite the histrionics coming from the other side and having the crowd against her.
Indeed, she is all-class mate. Even dresses conservatively for her matches.

Anyone remember that during the US Open in 2005, following the Hurricane Katrina disaster, when asked if she had a message for the victims, Serena didn't even know what Hurricane Katrina was? That was the moment that broke the camel's back for me; I'd been forgiving until that point, but her response illustrated how caught up in her own bubble she truly is. The entire world knew about the disaster, especially the 1800 deaths in Louisiana and yet she, an American, had no clue. Just, wow. :no:

Back