set list suggestions...

Themetallikid

Hey guys,

I'm starting a new project just as a fun band, and an opening band only. Our set will only be an hour tops and not play the whole night. In fact I want this project to be the opening band for my band or a couple of other bands opening bands...being that my band does more the modern/hard rock stuff, what songs would be good ones to pull out that will maybe warm the crowd up to whats coming. I want to stay kinda in the same genre but bend the boundaries a little. We will be doing originals eventually as we write them, but for now, need to fill about 14 song spots to make a set.

so far I have:

Machinehead - Bush
Wherever I May Roam - Metallica
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
Vaseline - STP
Cumbersome - 7 Mary 3
Gasoline - Seether

I'm open to suggestions. I know some/most of you may not be fans of this music, but please be serious with suggestions...

Thanks...for any info...

I like the suggestions although I dont know Bound For The Floor...

the only one probably attainable is Self Esteem...

I have to sing these, as well as sing later in the night with my 'real' band. so ACDC is probably out....Man In The Box is one my other band does, and quite well so no dice there...

i would say drop the ones youre currently thinking of basically because nearly every other band does them and if i hear another band cover those songs one more time ill probably kill someone!!!! (minus Wherever I May Roam...) LOL

if you really wanna do songs by these bands, choose different ones other than the "hits". 3 Doors Down has many songs...Kryptonite is old and ive heard it done at least 100 different times. what about "When I'm Gone"?

just a suggestion man...from a musicians point of view i would be bored to tears...from a non-musician point of view i may not be, but i cant think from that way LOL and i 2nd AC/DC...who says you have to grab your balls and sing just like Brian or Bon? do it your own way!!! LOL

good luck :)

I agree with the tunes, which is why I started with these. We used to do Duck and Run by 3 doors down, I dont really care for a lot of the newer stuff they have put out, all sounds the same if you ask me. But my other band does When I'm gone so probably wont do that one.

I can pretty much do any metallica/godsmack thats not an issue...its picking the other ones...I'll take a better look at the acdc thing.

Depends on if you want to please musicians or the average crowd. As overplayed as it is Kryptonite works at just about any venue including carnivals and crosses age barriers to make just about anyone wake up and move. Your project is to warm up the crowd. You're going to give them plenty of tasty stuff later in the evening. Familiar tunes will get their attention faster than the eclectic. BTW, I've been there with being my own warm up act. Back in January one night I played with three different bands on the ticket.

My main bands set list is as follows.... I agree that the main point of this band is to get the people there to start having a good time and warming up to live music so the main band, Running Blind, can completely light it up. you can see where my style is vocally from the Running Blind set lists, but I'm open to playing more 'dancy' music that still fits the genre a bit you know, maybe throwing in some more lighter stuff...but still mixing it with heavy...and just feeding off the crowd...

Never Again
Mudshovel
For You
Bad Religion
All My Life
Crazy @&$%^
Man In The Box
Mother
Fuel
Holiday
Crazy Train
Nightmare