Share YOUR Marshall Tones : Marshall Silver Jubilee !

Anand Mahangoe

Hi Guys,
Took me quite a while to figure out how to use my new Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555X amp.
I am doing lots of studio recording (Eve Audio SC305 & Beyerdynamic DT770) and live we play most of the times In Ear Monitors.
I love that sound , always stereo and really great band mix and no ear fatigue / pain / loss of frequencies after a long night playing ;)

So, my Amp speaker out goes to a Suhr Reactive Load and then into my Fractal Audio FM3 for the Speaker Impulse and Post FX.
Just recently I tried out the EV12L Speaker Impulse of a 2x12 Marshall '66 Cab from Ownhammer and really started to love that sound for LEADS...for Chords I still use the York Audio Friedman V30 Impulse ;)

So here is my video with all my Fender Strat and Gibson Les Paul sounds.
Let me know how you like them and post your sound clips please....really curious what your choice of Speaker Cabs are....!

Thanks !

Well your time spent has paid off, that sounds really good. I have a studio series on order any tips for an LP guy?
Thanks mate and just enjoy the studio series…. Really love them…. I might also pick up the Plexi :)
Just fine the right balance between the clean and drive channel…. Somewhere around 6 on both channels….. eq wise not much can go wrong. Presence and treble around 4 , bass and kids around 7 and kick the Master volume !

Thanks mate and just enjoy the studio series…. Really love them…. I might also pick up the Plexi :)
Just fine the right balance between the clean and drive channel…. Somewhere around 6 on both channels….. eq wise not much can go wrong. Presence and treble around 4 , bass and kids around 7 and kick the Master volume !
Hey thanks, I appreciate the reply! You know, I’ve read that the EQ on the Jub has a lot of range and is pretty consequential so that will be interesting to experience. I almost got the plexi myself, they really are a compelling package and value proposition. The entire studio range is actually. Anyway, thanks again for the input, your time is appreciated.

Hey thanks, I appreciate the reply! You know, I’ve read that the EQ on the Jub has a lot of range and is pretty consequential so that will be interesting to experience. I almost got the plexi myself, they really are a compelling package and value proposition. The entire studio range is actually. Anyway, thanks again for the input, your time is appreciated.
You are most welcome man…..forums are the place to learn and share :)

Just make sure you get one that has Not been modded or f'k with...as so many of them have been, because in stock form these amps do have that marshall character and those mids we all love...

Back