Shipping Delays

FondledDuck

Anyone else noticing a shift in how long it’s taking to ship items? Seems like what once took 3-5 days is now taking 7-9 days? My most recent experience is with UPS.

Had recent experience with USPS where the item sat for 2-3 days before moving, which went past the original delivery date. The seller called them and they said they were still backed up from holiday volumes...once it started moving it got here quick.

Recently paid for 2-day shipping, and it got here in two days with UPS. Only reason I paid for 2-day is that I had to go out of town with no one here to get the item for a few days if it didn't arrive before I left.

I just shipped an amp to a RT member in Oregon from CA. Usually takes 2-3 days. Now it’s 7 days eta.

I have definitely seen extended delivery times. An amp I just got from @fullthrottlesolo was quoted as taking 7 days (NJ -> CA); but, it only ended up taking the normal five. Maybe they're playing a little CYA?

Prices keep going up, too. It just cost me $207 to ship a $1400 guitar, insured, from CA to VA. It's almost not worth shipping anything under $2k anymore.

In the last week, we've also been suffering delaying winter weather throughout much of the country, including the central hubs in the middle of the country. In the bigger picture, probably holiday.

Wouldn't surprise me if labor shortages are affecting shipping too.

Back