shipping rates...wow

BackCrack

I got three quotes yesterday on shipping a Jubilee 100w from Wash St to a buddy in Iowa. UPS, USPS, and FedEx were all above $200. Jesus, I must be getting old...I remember shipping Marshalls all day long for $38 coast to coast.

they absolutely rape you if they deem it a " oversize " package ...... which unfortunately once you pack a head up ...... fit's the bill

I got three quotes yesterday on shipping a Jubilee 100w from Wash St to a buddy in Iowa. UPS, USPS, and FedEx were all above $200. Jesus, I must be getting old...I remember shipping Marshalls all day long for $38 coast to coast.
UPS always has coupon codes if you set up a personal account. It's usually 40-ish% cheaper.

Shipping prices have become crazy these days, i did a guitar trade last week and asked the dealer to get me a label because i know his price would be way cheaper than what i was gonna pay and it came out alot cheaper, but rarely do i do trade ins with dealers, usually i just sell things myself and the prices nowdays just seem insane to me.

I am sitting here scratching my head. UPS went from $212 to $93 with Pirate. It went to $113 with Nerd but it didn't tell which shipper that was.

A couple weeks ago I shipped a head from il to cali 2nd day air with max insurance (5k) picked up at my door for $190 using pirateship. Use pirateship.

I just checked PirateShip for a quote to see how much it would cost to ship an amp from one coast to the other coast using UPS.

The quote was pretty low compared to what UPS would quote, however, it looked like there was no way to increase the insurance price above the $100 or select signature required.

Did anyone use PirateShip where they could insure an amp for a specific amount and get signature required?

Did anyone use PirateShip where they could insure an amp for a specific amount and get signature required?
Was the first thing I thought of when seeing this thread besides the hey that's awesome.

Insurance. I try to avoid shipping items and I try to pack for the apocalypse. I took a big hit on selling an amp a while back, arrived broken. Fully insured and claim Declined. Smh

Pirate let me enter 1600 for the Jubilee, no problem. Can't comment on the signature fee; didn't need it for my shipment.
I had signed up for account to see what kind of price break they give you but there wasn't any place to enter an insured amount.

Are you able to provide any directions on where to find that option in PirateShip?

Thanks!!

Was the first thing I thought of when seeing this thread besides the hey that's awesome.

Insurance. I try to avoid shipping items and I try to pack for the apocalypse. I took a big hit on selling an amp a while back, arrived broken. Fully insured and claim Declined. Smh
Who did you ship through that declined the claim?

Who did you ship through that declined the claim?
USPS

The package was clearly dropped by the delivery. It was a mid-range price amplifier. The first thing they did was ask for pictures. My first problem with that is I'm the seller I did not receive the amp so how am I supposed to take pictures of an item that I do not have?

I talked to the buyer into sending me pictures which I then sent to the post office website, 3 weeks later the claim was denied and they said they wanted more pictures. By that time the buyer had already been refunded and I never heard back from him again.

I will edit this and say I packed it myself I did not pay for them to pack it which I will do from now on if I ever sell another amplifier. That's something I've never done before and I have probably shipped at least five or six amps with no issues.

Back