Shipping!

lowmantotempole

As of today I am done shipping anything west of the Mississippi. I calculated this myself two weeks ago and it wasn’t this much…

For those of you that claim sellers are charging too much for shipping… It just cost me $240 to ship a Friedman JJ from GA to WA funny insured for the purchase price of $2900…

IMG_1139.jpeg

Ouch. Last amp I shipped a year or so ago was a 100W plexi clone. Pretty sure the woman at the FedEx counter in Staples made a mistake because it only cost about $40. I sweated it out during the entire shipping time thinking that the amp was going to disappear.

when shipping UPS .... never go to the UPS store for your label ...
Always ship online and take advantage of the discount ...
Plus a lot people don't know UPS has a flate rate ....you just need the dimensions of the box ...

For example ... if I ship a pedal weighing 1.2 pounds to Cali ... from RI ...it's about 20 bucks using regular UPS shipping ...
If I ship it flat rate it's 13.50

I just paid 21$ to ship a pedal 2 states away, shipped with ups with a discount from work. I think I am done shipping

I only do local deals now and it is great. I have seen local shops coming back and good deals happening.

I use GoShippo great rates from all of the carriers you get to choose which one to use each time you ship. Has worked very well for me.

To me the takeaway is that the whole shipping industry is fubar. Look at all the ‘free shipping’ that happens…who pays for that? I’ve had used 4x12 cabs shipped across the country from GC and they charged $35. Who pays for the remainder of that cost? How is pirateship able to get things shipped for less the half the cost? How are multiple companies like pirateship et al even able to exist?

To me the takeaway is that the whole shipping industry is fubar. Look at all the ‘free shipping’ that happens…who pays for that? I’ve had used 4x12 cabs shipped across the country from GC and they charged $35. Who pays for the remainder of that cost? How is pirateship able to get things shipped for less the half the cost? How are multiple companies like pirateship et al even able to exist?
If you do volume .... you can get huge discounts

Back