Shopping...

Simon Dorn

:D
I just bought 2 TS9 to stack them in front of my Marshall. Partly out of boredom and partly simply out of despair. :D
I'm still waiting for my JP-2C...Gooooodammit.
Who stacked 2 TS9 before? I used to stack pedals, in fact i still do with my Duality DX. I tried different combinations but never 2 TS9.
Recently this ESP E-II caught my attention. I might wanna buy it...

And i miss my modded KK sometimes. 😢I was shown it, while i was searching for clips of stacked TS9. :D :D

I don't understand why you would want to stack two Tubescreamers with a Mesa Jp2c. What could that method do that the insane EQ possibilities and channel options available on the amplifier could not?

I don't understand why you would want to stack two Tubescreamers with a Mesa Jp2c. What could that method do that the insane EQ possibilities and channel options available on the amplifier could not?
Not with the JP. With my 2203. ;)

I
Ya 2 seems crazy. Let’s hear the clips !

I think i will make a short clip. Here's a nice one with 2 almost identical Pedals in a totally non-metal context:

The first time i've seen 2 pedals stacked, was in 1991 while i was working at a Benediction Club-Show. He had 'em in front of his Silver Jubilee.

Last edited:
Because i tried that already. ;)
I've never tried it (two overdrives) but there's at least a couple guys between here and the Guitar Gear forum that double boost. I remember hearing a few clips of a Henning Cherry Bomb with two overdrives that sounded pretty sweet.

I would think two tubescreamers is going to sound real honky or noisy in a metal context but I don’t know, never done it and I don’t have two tubescreamers. I do sometimes run a MXR Fat Sugar (klon-based) into a Tubescreamer type pedal though. Set right you can get a lot of saturation and sustain. I usually only use that kind of thing with a cleaner amp playing non-metal stuff.

I would think you’d have to use different settings on the two pedals. I only found success chaining OD’s when one is acting more as the boost and the other is primarily providing drive, and their tone controls are set to work together or just the inherent sound of the pedals is complimentary.

I would think two tubescreamers is going to sound real honky or noisy in a metal context but I don’t know, never done it and I don’t have two tubescreamers. I do sometimes run a MXR Fat Sugar (klon-based) into a Tubescreamer type pedal though. Set right you can get a lot of saturation and sustain. I usually only use that kind of thing with a cleaner amp playing non-metal stuff.

I would think you’d have to use different settings on the two pedals. I only found success chaining OD’s when one is acting more as the boost and the other is primarily providing drive, and their tone controls are set to work together or just the inherent sound of the pedals is complimentary.
That's the plan. To use the one before the amp to push it to the next level and the one after the guitar to tighten things up.

If it sounds good, why not. I usually have a TS7 and Boss SD-1 on my board, usually I don't use them together but I have messed around with them both on and it sounds pretty cool sometimes. Another good one is to put a mid-humpy tubescreamer first, then a more flat OD second, into a clean or fairly clean amp. Then you've got your clean, two different variants of crunch (one pedal at a time), and a cool gainy lead tone (both pedals on).

I'd absolutely give it a shot if I had two.

Which may happen sooner than later, as I've been on a stupid dirt pedal buying kick the past few months.

Analogman put two identical OD's into one housing, and now there's a 10 year waiting list to get one :dunno:

Back