Should i trade my Triamp Mk2 for a Wizard Modern Classic?

rpurdue

I have a trade offer for my Triamp Mk2 (plus $1000 on my end) for a 100 watt Modern Classic. Not able to try it unfortunately but he says it's mint. What do you guys think? Do it?

I've never played a Wizard Modern Classic but the clips sound great and I never got along with the Triamp Mark II I owned.

I have a couple attenuators (Aracom and Alex) so i'm not too too worried about volume issues. I like the Triamps versatility but the tones are only "OK". And even the versatility is a bit of a hindrance. It seems like i'm always stepping on some kind of button! I think i liked my Budda SD80 or Multi watt recto more. The guy also has a Cameron Atomica. They sound awesome on the clips but i'm not sure about the one channel thing.

I have owned and/or played them all extensively (Friedmans, Diezels, Cameron CCV, All the Wizards, ENGLs, Bognesr, etc.)...I can give my unrestrained, 100% recommendation on the Wizard MC 100. Simply the best "Marsallesque" high-gain amp that I have ever played...Bar none. Tight, but thick bottom, crisp and aggressive top...With complex, grinding mids to die for.

rpurdue":1f2jm4t2 said:
I guess it's a Modern Classic II. I'm thinking i'm definitely going to.

Fear not...And don't waste anymore time. Pull the trigger before the guy changes his mind.

The Wizard is not an amp for your house. It is designed for stadiums. It will make you deaf and will pummel your head. I miss having my head pummeled but the amp hurt me in my basement. My teeth still chatter thinking about it and my Wife banned a Wizard from the house ever again. I would like to have my head pummeled even though its not good for me. :D

rpurdue":2y1k870g said:
I have a couple attenuators (Aracom and Alex) so i'm not too too worried about volume issues. I like the Triamps versatility but the tones are only "OK". And even the versatility is a bit of a hindrance. It seems like i'm always stepping on some kind of button! I think i liked my Budda SD80 or Multi watt recto more. The guy also has a Cameron Atomica. They sound awesome on the clips but i'm not sure about the one channel thing.

Just so you know, the atomica cleans up REALLY well with the guitar volume control; I can go from Anthrax-level gain to clean on the atomica. For me its good enough, but you would have to judge on your own if it is suitable to your purposes.

I have and love the Modern Classic it's fantastic - can produce some ball crushing gain. The TriAmp Mk II I played once or twice sounded cool, but it's no freaking Wizard.

UberschallEL34":1p8k9hzi said:
I have and love the Modern Classic it's fantastic - can produce some ball crushing gain. The TriAmp Mk II I played once or twice sounded cool, but it's no freaking Wizard.

THIS x 1,000,000,000,000,000.

The H&K is not even in the same league, AT ALL.

Plus, if it's a Modern Classic II, it's a $5k amp new with shipping and taxes. NO BRAINER deal here!

Back