Shout-out to Scott Splawn!

skullfxr

My Nitro (KT88) was down for a bit and I didn't get around to using it. I went through basic troubleshooting and a little bit deeper. Could not figure it out.

So I called Scott. I told him that I bought it used and did not expect much guidance but as always he is a great guy and I told him what was going on. It was the bridge rectifier and emailed me the part number from Mouser.

I ordered some up. An hour later I had replaced it and she is breathing fire again.

So Scott, thanks for being a good guy and stand-up gentleman and getting me the solution and info I needed even when you really didn't need to.

Therr aren't a whole lot of guys out there in the industry like Scott.

So Scott, CGERRS brother!

Scott is a great person! My 2006 QR the effects loop board went out. He actually mailed one to my tech for free for the repair. I also bought that amp used. That was beyond awesome.

Totally awesome bro!

Again it's nice to see a nice dude do something nice.

Reactions: PDC
Here is part of the family shot...

The Supersport is right down to the left too!

Attachments

• 20210201_145432.jpg
    20210201_145432.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 74
I bought my amp used too and he has never hesitated to answer a question or help out. He actually answers the phone too - and doesn't hide behind voice mail and email delays etc.

In a world that seems to get more and more sketchy - especially in this business - it is great to see a standup guy and a standup operation. I'm also hearing that he's got his lead times down to under 2 months. :yes:

For those waiting forever for your amp or wondering if you will ever get something - give Splawn a chance.

Nothing I can add that hasn't been said. When I had a problem with my SuperSport we had multiple phone calls,
he basically held my hand and figured out what the problem was.
Sadly we don't see that kind of customer service often enough these days.

Yeah he's a good guy, and stellar amps. I foolishly sold a QR a few years back, time to find another one I think.

Always helpful to me with used amps as well. I had a bridge rectifier go on a QR as well and he knew right away what it was just by my email explanation and pointed me in the right direction.
I miss my Super Comp Mini.

Great stories and testimony. Never dealt with him directly but owned 2 Splawns and cabs, great amps. The 2x12 can I had was one of the best sounding cabs I’ve owned.

Scott Splawn is awesome. Had an issue with my Nitro a while back and he sent me the replacement part at no cost no questions asked. Absolutely friendly and down to earth.

Highly recommended amp maker.

Agree with everything that’s been said. Just to add to it - I have a Splawn modded Marshall with KT-88’s that is switchable HI/LOW and OD1/OD2. The original foot switch is repurposed Marshall FS. I wanted a FS with lights so I could better tell which mode I was in. Well after a couple of phone consultations Scott built me one just for this head.

I can also speak for Scott. I used to have two of his cabinets and they were complete custom jobs. I paid in full and in the exact waiting time he told me, the cabs were done. I drove to his shop and he showed me around and also showed me some new stuff at the time he was working on. Just all around great guy and very friendly. The quality is excellent and the only reason I didn’t shop with him again for more cabinets is because I’d have to eat shipping them this time around which isn’t his fault.

10/10 do recommend and I also recommend stopping by his shop if you’re local. I have nothing but positive words to give for my interaction with him and his business.

I had a Quickrod and a SuperSport but sold them both. They were great amps but I didn't have a use for the QR, and I was offered a good trade for the SS. My only complaint is the clean channel isn't too diverse. No matter how I set the EQ, it wasn't much different. I wish it broke up a little. But yes, Splawn amps are killer, and Scott is a great guy!

Back