Similar to the SLO but...

Those look very cool. Good video. I didn't get an SLO vibe at all from what he was playing though. Really prominent in the upper mids. Hard to tell from videos sometimes.

That's because it has variable NFB which allows you to change the feel of the amp. But otherwise, it's a clone of the SLO.

That's because it has variable NFB which allows you to change the feel of the amp. But otherwise, it's a clone of the SLO.

The feedback control change a bit the feel of the amp, but probably EL34 help too. Mines have the TAD EL34B-STR.

Absolutely. I had a Gemini and an Ares. Definitely SLO-esque. I think they sounded great.
I'm definitely loving mine. The stock and blue modes on the gain channel are fantastic, chunky SLO-ish goodness. Smooth yet ripping at the same time. Palm mutes are tons of fun. I initially got turned on after the latest Axe FX 3 updates, the SLO models are stupid good in there now and got me gassing for something like the real thing. The Gemini I got does exactly what I wanted out of that for the same price as a SLO 30, yet with way more flexibility.

Plus it being owned by Joe Satriani makes me a better guitar player. That's how that works, right?! 🤣

Back