Sirboye----dishonest seller

Makemusic85

Got a Gibson SG from this dude on The Gear Page forum. I specifically asked prior to the sale if there were any breaks, cracks or repairs to the headstock. Was assured that the headstock was fine. As soon as I opened up the guitar I found a crack across the back side base of the headstock. Even had a luthier look at it under a micro scope and he said it had been gone over in ink as if an attempt at masking it was made. This means there's no way that it happened in shipping too. Sirboye initially acted really cool, and we agreed he would have about 2-3 weeks to pay me back as he had spent the money I paid him already. Even as ridiculous as it was at this point I was still willing to cut him some slack and give him time. It's been a month since he promised me money back and won't respond to any of my messages. FRAUD! I see he does a lot of posting here so I thought everyone ought to know. If there's any doubt just ask the admin Brian Scherzer over at TGP. He's seen all the evidence. Didn't want to have to make a negative post like this, but I've got a pretty bad taste in my mouth after this whole ordeal.

PS
I know I'm new here, but I've made plenty of solid deals over at TGP over the past year. Never had a problem till this guy.

i bought an amp from SirBoye a couple weeks back. it wasn't packed very well. he forgot to include the power cord and one of the preamp tubes, and the FX loop was busted. i PM'ed him twice in the last 7 days but haven't heard back.

the FX loop definitely could've broken during shipping, meaning he would not have known about it before. i'm trying to fix it myself w/ tech support from the manufacturer. the power cord and not answering my PMs, i'm hoping he's just swamped or something and he'll get the power cord into the mail.

just to be perfectly clear--nothing he's done in our deal is anywhere close to being called fraud or anything. and i admit i'm OCD about packing and replying to PMs and stuff, so my standards are high. but i figured i should chime in here with my experience.

if/when he gets back to me or mails me the cord, i'll update this immediately.

I had a good transaction with Sirboye, he bought my PT100 locally, hope it's a one off thing and everything is okay.

Man I am always forgetting to pack the power cords with amps. Come to think of it I rarely get one with amps I buy.

rareguitar":2zk5h4ej said:
Man I am always forgetting to pack the power cords with amps. Come to think of it I rarely get one with amps I buy.

Yeah!! ya owe me like...8 of em!! lol!! :LOL: :LOL:

kurtsstuff":1iph56az said:
rareguitar":1iph56az said:

I know, its a weakness but unintentional for sure. :D

rareguitar":372381el said:
kurtsstuff":372381el said:
rareguitar":372381el said:

I know, its a weakness but unintentional for sure. :D
Yeah....I was gonna say something about that Cameron amp I got from you last year....
But I was afraid of getting kicked off the board.... :aww:

:hys:

cyndicate":23hy7c7f said:
I had a good transaction with Sirboye, he bought my PT100 locally, hope it's a one off thing and everything is okay.
i got a PM from another R-T'er who got an amp from SirBoye that was also poorly packed, and was damaged. the damage was worse than in my case and was obviously from shipping; this guy said that SirBoye was a stand-up guy in that deal and paid the repair costs. as for my deal with him, he still hasn't replied to my PMs or sent me the missing cord or preamp tube.

so the zero communication / refusing to deal with it, in the deal with me, might be a one-off thing, but the lame packing is not. YMMV.

everything's mostly ok in my case--missing a cord and a preamp tube is annoying but not the end of the world, and i'm working with the manufacturer to fix the broken part myself. i'm just laying all this out so that if this kinda stuff is important to a buyer, they'll know it going in.

UPDATE: SirBoye aka The Hoff PM'd me a month later wanting to make things right re: our deal. he sent me the missing power chord and preamp tube and a $20-spot for the inconvenience, which was very cool of him. thanks.

I still haven't been able to get him to respond to anything.....phone calls, emails, pm's. I've got a family to feed ya know. Now I'm going to have to sell perfectly good gear that I love just so I can afford to keep a guitar I don't want because I was LIED to. This dude screwed me plain and simple. He's about to be booted from gearpage...so beware.

rareguitar":1zy4nrvx said:

At least you're not forgetting to pack the amps with the power cords! :LOL: :LOL:

TheMagicEight":3tdv4m9o said:
_actual time_":3tdv4m9o said:
Update: i've learned that SirBoye is still here on R-T, buying and selling under a new user name. proceed with caution.
Do you know the new username?
yes. multiple people have confirmed to me that Ryan Boye, aka SirBoye, is also The Hoff.

Ya. I'm the same guy. Changed my name because makemusic85 kept harassing me and brought it over to rig-talk. I may look suspicious now because of this but I simply decided to ignore him after all the b.s..

But ya-I guess I will try and tell my end of the story:
I sold him a 1981 Gibson SG that I had refinished by Pat Wilkins. I honestly don't remember the exact amount but I think it was $600. It had a brand new Suhr Aldrich set and new wiring. obviously I would have asked for more than $600 if it hadn't had a neck repair. I told him about this on the phone. Apparently he even sent messages to tgp administrators where I was telling him I'd pay him back or something....? Don't know how that could have happened, I never sent such messages. Either way, I figured I would ignore him-my conscious was clear so, I just left it as the, "same old gear page crap that you always hear about."

Actual time, I've sent you a PM, I'll get that power cord out to you, I hadn't been on my sirboye account since, I was tired of his harassment. A buddy of mine (solid snake) just sent me a text right now saying this thread was on here. I have numerous references from people who know I am a legit buyer/seller.

I apologize for what I'm sure looks suspicious but-I figured I'd just save myself the headache and start a new reputation since this guy was set on ruining mine because of what I figured was buyers remorse.

And with the amp I shipped with "poor packing" was really just a dumb decision on my end. I shipped it standing vertically and it caused some pressure on the head, I sent payment for a new head cabinet thus taking full responsibility for that poor decision. I would have done the same if I had been in the wrong with this guy as well but-I wasn't.

Back