SL 67 MKii Holy smokes.

Is the only difference in the SL67 and SL68 is that the 67 is 50w and the 68 is 100W?
Looking at the spec page on Suhr’s site, it looks that way, but just checking. RT always seem to have the rest of the story.

I've only had my SL68 back for a few days with the new MkII mods, but they are not subtle. I'd recently just finished mixing a tune, where I'd been agonizing over rhythm and lead tones, but finally made it all work...now, I'm already re-tracking with new mods. I'm not always a big fan of what bright switches do in the medium+ gain lead tones, but these are instantly very useful for my setup. I like the bright in the middle position the most with gain up around 7-8 with two boost options in front of amp. It's also nice to be able to turn the fat cap off now for some things.

Thanks for the update, I’m debating on sending my sl67 in for the mods.
I wish they would add the switches to the back…

I've only had my SL68 back for a few days with the new MkII mods, but they are not subtle. I'd recently just finished mixing a tune, where I'd been agonizing over rhythm and lead tones, but finally made it all work...now, I'm already re-tracking with new mods. I'm not always a big fan of what bright switches do in the medium+ gain lead tones, but these are instantly very useful for my setup. I like the bright in the middle position the most with gain up around 7-8 with two boost options in front of amp. It's also nice to be able to turn the fat cap off now for some things.
How do you find the new master volume ? Better than the previous version ?

How do you find the new master volume ? Better than the previous version ?
I’m not sure they modified that for me, but will check when they get back from NAMM. It seems very similar to before, but I’m running it at pretty much maxed volume into cabs. I like the feel for most of my music (with more gain) with master at around 8, then gain on front of amp around 7-8 plus some boosts.

Hey, I wanted to bounce this thread. I’m considering removing the metropolis effect loop that I have on mine and going for Mark II.

Is there anybody that did the upgrade that does not feel it was worth it?

thanks!

Had a client's SL68 in last week, great sounding take on a Plexi. I think the MkII additions are good ones - in particular the lack of bright cap is a bummer sometimes. The only major gripe is the rear mounted MV. I know they want to make it look as much like a Marshall as possible, but man it's inconvenient.

I think Metro and Friedman have listened to their customers, and are happy to deviate from the 6-knob look a little. I know people like the traditional aesthetics, but functionality has to win surely.

Had a client's SL68 in last week, great sounding take on a Plexi. I think the MkII additions are good ones - in particular the lack of bright cap is a bummer sometimes. The only major gripe is the rear mounted MV. I know they want to make it look as much like a Marshall as possible, but man it's inconvenient.

I think Metro and Friedman have listened to their customers, and are happy to deviate from the 6-knob look a little. I know people like the traditional aesthetics, but functionality has to win surely.
I tend to feel the same way about frequently used controls on the back. I’ve put the Presence on back and MV in that spot because I don’t fiddle with the Presence much once I’ve got it dialed in…which usually means on 10. Still a compromise tho.

Does anyone know if Suhr's heyboer spec transformer is available to buy? I'd like to upgrade my weber transformer in my 1987x kit amp.

Incoming 😁

1709058970248.png

I honestly could mod my SL68 MKI myself with all of the switches they advertise on the MKII, so I'm not loving the idea of spending $500+ on Suhr modding it for me. I just wish I knew what their new PPIMV scheme was so I could copy it.

You’re right- I started selling amps that have controls on the back. I can’t stand it . A lot of my amps sit in a rack and having to reach behind an amp to turn it on or hit the standby sucks nevertheless having to adjust a master volume . The only one the gets a pass is loop level.

You’re right- I started selling amps that have controls on the back. I can’t stand it . A lot of my amps sit in a rack and having to reach behind an amp to turn it on or hit the standby sucks nevertheless having to adjust a master volume . The only one the gets a pass is loop level.
It’s the one thing I don’t like about my Royalist MKIII. The Power and Standby are on the back. What is this, a Fender? ☺️

Back