sleeper amps

At one point I had the 20 watt Friedman Pink Taco, Dirt Shirley Mini, and JJ Jr., along with an 18 watt Bogner Atma.

Atma was the one I kept hanging on the most and the last of the 4 that got sold.

Nasty little amp that's got an excellent simple clean channel.
ae00-36380_3_.jpg

Orange Dual Dark, only ever seen a couple here.

Channel A is more vintage, takes a boosted fuzz great, Channel B is way more thrash/modern metal when it’s boosted.

Figured you guys would love these but I hardly see them anywhere.

One of my favorite amps of all time.

Rivera K-tre z thru a Marshall 412, pretty amazeballs

LOVE the Bugera 6260/6262. Almost more aggressive than the amp they copied

Maybe not a sleeper but been using a JVM210 for brutal thrash metal tones and its been excellent!

And last, people tend to shit on it but I've always enjoyed the B-52 AT100. Can do a nice impression of a DR. Can be bright/icy if not dialed right but for dirt cheap.....hard to beat. Flame on cork sniffers!

JCM 2000 TSL 100 . When biased right and boosted really gets job done . Especially for that ride the lighting type tone

Peavey jsx. Just a brutal, brutal amp. The crunch channel boosted, is as good as my old vht d120, and my old two channel rhodes modded dual rec. the eq is super effective, and i can get a good marshall crunch out of it too.
I got one for my student needing a tube head and was very impressed . Ran it through my uberkab and it just slayed

Not the first time I’ve said this… Randall RG100ES. As of now it’s my main amp.
I wish they were still sleeper amps. Hard to find and when you do find one in decent condition, the prices are jacked. Somebody sell me one!

Randall RH100 - total surprise, had one years ago and loved it, Sold it and they are basically extinct.

Bogner Shiva - assumed (badly) it was something less than the Uberschall, so never gave it a 2nd thought. Got a Shiva 20th on a trade and was blown away, loved it. Was my main amp for a while.

Randall RH100 - total surprise, had one years ago and loved it, Sold it and they are basically extinct.

Bogner Shiva - assumed (badly) it was something less than the Uberschall, so never gave it a 2nd thought. Got a Shiva 20th on a trade and was blown away, loved it. Was my main amp for a while.

Buddy has one of the RH100s; I was shocked at that thing. We put it up against both our Oranges and my Herbert and it could hang with both. Got that 90s death metal tone in spades. He paid $85 shipped from GC a couple years ago for it lol

Back