SLO 30..Talk me off the ledge!

bikerdude2

A shitty gig not being able to hear myself last weekend has me researching vertical 2-12 cabs. Which lead me into Soldano. Holy Shit those clips are killing me! Never considered a SLO before because they were out of my price point. But that 30 is close, and Salinas so damn articulate! Worth the $$$?

I currently run a Bogner Atma into a Bogner 1-12 cubes that I love, so I'm not bothered by low wattage amps. But something about that SLO that sounds more articulate.

Last edited:
SLO 30 pricing is above my price point otherwise I would have one by now. Clips do sound good. Was your cab elivated off the floor? I did a gig last month and did not have my 2x12 cab high enough off the ground. Sound was blowing past my knees. Thank goodness we had a sound man who was able to jack up my guitar mix thru my monitor. Most gigs I have my cab 14" off the floor. If I'm 8-10' out in front of it I can hear myself. Sucks when you get lost in the mix.

SLO 30 pricing is above my price point otherwise I would have one by now. Clips do sound good. Was your cab elivated off the floor? I did a gig last month and did not have my 2x12 cab high enough off the ground. Sound was blowing past my knees. Thank goodness we had a sound man who was able to jack up my guitar mix thru my monitor. Most gigs I have my cab 14" off the floor. If I'm 8-10' out in front of it I can hear myself. Sucks when you get lost in the mix.
Nope, it was on the floor. Very tight space and a shitty sounding room. I know I can just wedge something under the cab to angle up next time, but also considering a vertical 2-12 cab to hit my ears better. Getting old sucks!

I’ve gotten frustrated after playing a bad sounding room, don’t let that one experience potentially sway you.

I almost got a SLO-30 also but really needed a true two channel amp and read quite a few users say it excelled at setting it for a one channel tone.

My experience with lower wattage amps even though they can sound fantastic, they will not punch or have all of the dynamics of a 100 watt amp mostly due to the output transformer mass of a 100 watt versus a 35 or 30 watt. The lower wattage amp sound smaller for lack of a better term but if you've been playing the ATMA and you don't miss the punch that 100 watters have I will leave this for you.:p

A shitty gig not being able to hear myself last weekend has me researching vertical 2-12 cabs. Which lead me into Soldano. Holy Shit those clips are killing me! Never considered a SLO before because they were out of my price point. But that 30 is close, and Salinas so damn articulate! Worth the $$$?

I swear by my Mather vertical 2x12's.....I would also look into a Bogner 3534, its a mini Ecstacy and is the logical extension of the Atma. I sold my Atma and bought one, and I love the Atma, still think its one of the best amps Bogner ever built. I've been on an SLO 30 jones too but not enough to go all in. 3534 will be $800 less than the SLO30 at least on the used market
Wiz Bog.jpeg

I had Smallbox and sounded good by itself but for a band setting there isn’t enough cut. It is just too polished and I got bored really quick. For example Bogner Helios is so much better amp with hotrooded plexi sound. I don’t like ‘revered’ plexi channel either.
SLO have much better voicing for rock band and cut just perfect. But for me SLO30 haven’t enough balls to justify its price. SLO100 will be perfect but again …pricetag 😀I like Hotrod 100 plus a lot. Happy medium soundwise and pricewise 😉

I swear by my Mather vertical 2x12's.....I would also look into a Bogner 3534, its a mini Ecstacy and is the logical extension of the Atma. I sold my Atma and bought one, and I love the Atma, still think its one of the best amps Bogner ever built. I've been on an SLO 30 jones too but not enough to go all in. 3534 will be $800 less than the SLO30 at least on the used market View attachment 95894
I’ve gone back and forth with the 3534. Love my Atma. Always wondered if it’s enough of a difference to upgrade, or are they different enough voicing wise?

I’ve gone back and forth with the 3534. Love my Atma. Always wondered if it’s enough of a difference to upgrade, or are they different enough voicing wise?
Yes, enough of a difference that I've kept the 3534...its got balls the Atma just doesn't have due to EL34's and bigger iron. Ideal situation if you can pull it off is to keep the Atma and get the 3534. Way more tone shaping options with it vs the Atma

Not tried the SLO30, but I love my hr25. One of the best amp purchases I have made. No where to hide on your playing, so it makes me practice more. It doesn’t have the punch of a bigger 50Plus amps, but does punch more than the Mesa ta15 I have.

As for the price, yes there a plenty of cheaper options, but you get a Soldano cause you want a Soldano. If you are open to other options and tones, then go for those.

Back