Smoking Hot Deal on Mojave Amps!

Glimpse":1jf1zhbi said:
For all you Mojave amp fans, I saw this link over at TGP:

http://vintageamps.com/plexiboard/viewtopic.php?p=782613#782613

Holiday special.

Buy one Mojave Peacemaker and get one Coyote Free.
Limited to Serial numbers PM-0093 through PM-0098

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me! :rock:

Very nice deal but the Mojave is pretty expensive for a one trick pony amp.

Not to mention and correct me if I'm wrong, I remember Mojave not having such a good rep a few years back. I don't know if I would want to spend that kind of coin unless I knew things have changed.

Slaytallica":2nattn0i said:
Very nice deal but the Mojave is pretty expensive for a one trick pony amp.

Not to mention and correct me if I'm wrong, I remember Mojave not having such a good rep a few years back. I don't know if I would want to spend that kind of coin unless I knew things have changed.

Its been a long enough time I don't remember exactly what issues people had with Mojave, but I do remember there being some bad press.

It does seem like a nice deal, but it just shows me that everyone is hurting right now....

The whole problem with Mojave was with a particular store in Florida that posted a bunch of stuff online in forums that they have since retracted in print. It's on Mojave's forum to read if you're interested. I've had my Peacemaker for 5 years now and it has been bulletproof and sounds absolutely killer. It's a couple of tricks pony, just like a real plexi and cheaper than a vintage plexi.

This deal is smoking........ Buy a $3100 amp and get a $2000 amp free? I've never heard of anything like it.

Chubtone":2yh9q0m2 said:
The whole problem with Mojave was with a particular store in Florida that posted a bunch of stuff online in forums that they have since retracted in print. It's on Mojave's forum to read if you're interested. I've had my Peacemaker for 5 years now and it has been bulletproof and sounds absolutely killer. It's a couple of tricks pony, just like a real plexi and cheaper than a vintage plexi.

This deal is smoking........ Buy a $3100 amp and get a $2000 amp free? I've never heard of anything like it.

Glad to hear the issue has since been resolved. The clips on the site are awesome I must admit
and 2 amps for the price of one is a killer deal.

hmmm....2K is 44% of 3.1K

how about a "rig-talk/mojave xmas coupon" worth 35% off
on a PM or Coyote ??

that'd be $2000 4 a peacemaker :thumbsup:

Noob here. Sorry not a professional poster, I post quick and messy poster cause I hate being online, but i wanted to stick up for mojave and post a success story:

After secretly lusting after Chubtone's peacemaker for 5 years and getting tired of high gain and really getting into 70s rock, I took the plunge and split it with a guy on the east coast that wanted the coyote & I got the peacemaker
sold my giant high gain mesa rack system

so glad I did it, I immediately recorded a new project with it
and it is the 1st time I would say that my tone is all me and not "masked" or "sterile"

as soon as I'm able, I want to buy a coyote
and run two amps 1 clean one for dist

as for the one or two trick pony thing
I think it's important to realize having everything in 1 (like a rack pre amp) is fine but you'll never get one magical tone, just a hundred descent ones

truth is, you need 2 amps if you want great cleans and great dist tones live
it takes a bit of work, but you can have it all set up in real time switching with the right gear.

as for the mojave peace maker and recording:
I've been able to get great clean, semi dist, mid gain and all the way up cranked plexi tones

I can not set it up that way live, but for recording, this amp will get you all the great marshall tones from clean to cranked

Something I realized is that effects and options get in the way of identity
at least I believe that
I think options are fun and cool, but fundamentally, one should achieve their sound and not change their sound a lot if it's cool
brian may
evh

etc...
they didn't need 5 or 100 different tones
just one tone for the most part
and billions of people were inspired by them
something to think about

anyways
I'm lusting after the sweet unique cleans and cranked vox vibe of the coyote

and I've found an organic amp, in the peacemaker, to match my original sounding fingers (at least I think they sound original)
I don't sound like eddie or sound like eddie now that I have a peacemaker
The peacemaker will give you 100% organic tone with some aggression and let you sound the way you sound, just like Eddie's plexi helped him be himself.
any quality guitar will shine through the peacemaker

ok I've rambled enough
:no:

buzzsawgiveaway.jpg

psychodave":1gpnh05t said:
Sounds like a good deal, buy one, get the additional amp, then sell off one amp. Take a little hit on the re-sale. Almost sounds like a bad idea for the company since you are admitting that we know our amps dont sell, so we are giving away one just to get you to buy one...knowing the possibilities are good that you will just sell off the cheaper amp and thus, killing any new buyers of the extra amp since they may be able to get a used one cheaper :confused: :LOL: :LOL: . With that said, I like the peace maker amp.

Trying to read this gave me a headache!!! :confused: :confused: lol!!! :D

Trying to read this gave me a headache!!! :confused: :confused: lol!!! :D[/quote]
I like how that made my post look organized!

this deal is no longer valid
it was christmas 2008
when I took the plunge
just wanted to chime in

the deal isn't going on still, is it...

this was posted back in Dec 2008 :LOL: :LOL:

no point reviving a dead thread

Mojave where going on ebay for less than half of what people paid,and they still could not sell them.they seemed likea fad,I'm sure their fine amps just not worth the money...

mojaves are worth it

could say the same thing
bogners and diezels aren't worth it...

if you get a chance, buy a used mojave
but think about this, I've been looking for a mojave coyote used for a year...can't find one

just cause they go for half on ebay...doesn't reflect how valuable their tone is

I will save up and buy the coyote new eventually
but I'll never part with my peacemaker

Back