SNL reruns always....

skoora

Have the superior musical guest...lol
Last Saturday, new episode..latest in a long run of mumble rappers
Re-Run...Rollins band, just sounding big, angry and jammin' hard. Henry looking a total beast.

Does SNL not like rock anymore? And I don't mean a rapper who will.play a distorted guitar or some new darling Indy, sensitive boys and girls co-op.

SNL is part of the prop up and support the Hip hop / rap movement that's been going on for ever. The music industry and Hollywood keeps that hip hop garbage in most of their soundtracks and anyone that listens to music in a movie their choice is rap. I won't even talk about this last Super Bowl halftime shit show. In my opinion its talentless and doesn't deserve all the attention it receives.

I saw soooo many great SNL performances back in the day. Learned a lot from watching the bands/guitarists performing.

Reactions: PDC
Looks like the televised performance isn’t on YouTube? That’s the performance I remember most. They just destroyed on Monkey Business. It was ferocious. Pretty sure amps are both Boogie MKIIIs.

20:03 - Monkey Business

Last edited:
Looks like the televised performance isn’t on YouTube? That’s the performance I remember most. They just destroyed on Monkey Business. It was ferocious. Pretty sure amps are both Boogie MKIIIs.

Man, Skid Row was so f-cking heavy back then. For the time and genre, they def stood out. Though it was brief before grunge would hit, the natural evolution of the hair band sound into what they did was much needed and was perfect for the time. It still holds up.

I haven't even found the show funny since maybe the mid 2000's. The only guest at all recent I bothered to even watch a video of was Sturgill Simpson.

I haven't even found the show funny since maybe the mid 2000's. The only guest at all recent I bothered to even watch a video of was Sturgill Simpson.
Sturgill's "Call to Arms" on SNL was EPIC. Great energy, keys player was fantastic!

Man, Skid Row was so f-cking heavy back then. For the time and genre, they def stood out. Though it was brief before grunge would hit, the natural evolution of the hair band sound into what they did was much needed and was perfect for the time. It still holds up.
Slave to the Grind was a direct result of them touring with Pantera, imho. That album was much heavier than the first.

I saw them on this tour and the opening act was....Soundgarden lol. One of the bands behind the movement that lead to the inevitable downfall of many similar bands' popularity. Both were fantastic.

Sturgill's "Call to Arms" on SNL was EPIC. Great energy, keys player was fantastic!
Not bad for a song that is practically one chord lol. I love Sturgill, everything he's done has been worth listening to IMO, even the stuff that's a out of left field.

Spot on. I seen SR open for GnR on the Use Your Illusion tour. Great live band and Sebastian was a force onstage.

I honestly like rap. Most of my favorite music is either punk rock, sludge, Doom, death metal, grindcore and 80's and 90's hip hop. To me in general main stream music sucks these days. I thought it was me just getting older but I work with a lot of fresh out of college kids and they say the same thing for the most part whether it's rock or rap

I liked rap for about 1 album, Public Enemy Apocalypse 91. Mostly from their collab with Anthrax. Then I lost interest.

I distinctly remember when DEVO played on SNL They did their version of Satisfaction (in Hazmat suits with flower pots on their heads IIRC). I 100% thought it was a skit. I kept looking at them to see which one was Dan Akroyd. I was crying laughing at how funny and genius that version of Satisfaction was...but at some point it became clear it wasn't a skit. Disclaimer...I actually liked a few DEVO songs. Not dissing DEVO here.

Another amazing band... those live vocals wow. He always had the pipes. Another band which had a unique sound compared to the oversaturated hair scene by 89. Let's face it, GnR also had a big impact. There were some absolutely horrid albums and productions in the tail end of the 80's and thank god people were coming out of it and toughening up a bit. Thrash probably helped with that.

Slave to the Grind was a direct result of them touring with Pantera, imho. That album was much heavier than the first.

and even that first album ain't no slouch. The tones are ripping and a lot of the pace is high tempo. But yes Slave to the Grind is heavy. Love cranking that tune when it comes on. Some of my favourite guitar tones recorded for sure.

Back