So I sold my VH4....

The Udo

...and bought a Herbert!!! :D
Damn....they are totally different monsters! But I gotta say that the Herbert is a better (for me that is)
Loved my VH4, and if I could ever afford to keep two heads, the VH4 would be the other one. But I´m totally in love with the Herbert. I finally found what I was looking for! :rock:

Just wanted to brag a little ;)

Both good and useable. Herbert - versatility, functionality and modern BREW-tality. Great cleans and tons of headroom (180W). VH4 - less wattage, and a tad more "classic". VH4 Ch2 goes from clean to SRV and classic rock.

I have to agree with eddyrox

The VH4 is dryer and more tight amp then the Herbert, but the Herbert is still VERY tight! And I find the Herbert more flexible, easier to dial in the sweet spot just plain bigger in its tone. And if you like me play a little more modern rock/metal the Herbert is the way to go....the midcut feature is awesome....just when you thought it could´nt get any better.
I´ve played proffesionally now for a couple of years and have played Fenders, 5150´s, different Mesa´s, ENGL´s, Elmwoods and the VH4...but when I plugged into my Herbert yesterday, I actually cought myself just smiling with my entire face!

Thanks...so to continue down the chain, is it fair to say that Eistein is a little more "classically"-voiced than the VH4?

I haven´t played the Einstein yet, but as far I know it´s more like a "Herbert-light" you know, only two channels and not as aggressive but still very versatile and can still play the chunka-chunk you know?
Don´t know what you mean by Classically-voiced?
The VH4 is the King of tightness, very dry and tight but still a very pleasant distorsion. The Herbert is just a little more sag to...a little bit more american you could say ;)

Hey Guys,

I have a VH4, Herbert and a Einstein Combo with Reverb (The Full Deizel triple play :LOL: :LOL: ).

My opinion:

Herbert: Lots of great tones and perfect for hard rock or metal tones. Mid cut is cool and the +/- on channel two give you lots of possibilities. A very thick modern gain tone.

VH4: Channel 1 - Dry as a bone and warm
Channel 2- Stones, ZZ Top and SRV
Channel 3- All the 1980's tones are here
Channel 4 - Mettalica in a box

Einstein Combo w/ reverb: This is my favorite Diezel. I hear everyone say it is th light version with only 2 channels and no midi. It has the same kinda lead tones as the Herbert and the clean channel is better. The reverb is as good as a twin reverb, very lush and thick. I love this amp!

Brad

Hey Brad!!

Wow....you got them all huh? (I hate you ;) )
I´m really interested in hearing some more on the Einstein, since I´ve played the VH4 alot and been playing the Herbert intensively lately.
So what´s your review?

Peace!

The Udo":d1tcr256 said:
Hey Brad!!

Wow....you got them all huh? (I hate you ;) )
I´m really interested in hearing some more on the Einstein, since I´ve played the VH4 alot and been playing the Herbert intensively lately.
So what´s your review?

Peace!

The EInstein is a bit more organic on channel 1.

3 modes

Mode 1 is very Fender blackface vibe clean and with the reverb circuit you can get a killer clean sound (The best I have head on a channel switching amp and I have heard them all).

Mode 2 is a real nice AC30 chimey tone with just the right amount of edge, Think a Tom Petty type vibe.

Mode 3 is a hot rod Marshall. Everything from AC/DC down low to GnR half way up and full on it is like a killer modded Marshall. (This is my favorite gain channel on the amp). I can dial in the Gary Moore thing on this mode with some verb and it sounds great!

Channel 2 (Gain Channel), This channel does all the modern heavy Herbert type stuff. This can do the Satanic "Kill your family with a rock" type vibe although thats not my thing.

For liquid compressed Deizel Alcohol Fueled Brewtality you can get it out of this side of the amp. (all kidding aside very similar to the Herbert Channel 3).

The reverb is super high quality and the combo sounds huge. I bought it to take to small gigs so I didnt have to lug the big guns when it was overkill. It is perfect for that!

I stuck a TC G Force in the loop and there ya go. For live stuff I may pick up a M13 to run in the loop for maximum ease of use.

Anyway Your Milage May Vary but I think Peter and the crew did a great job with the Einstein (Peters dogs name I believe by the paw prints on the amp face :thumbsup: ). Dont think of the Einstein as the compromise "budget" Diezel.

From a guy who has all of them I think it is the best of the 3. :rock:

Brad

Back