So what’s the new synergy module gonna be??

The Randall Recto/Treadplate kind of sucked. The George Lynch/Friedman Grail I think was based off of early rectos and was amazing. Having that with a Red / Orange switch would be amazing
Yeah never liked much of the Randall modules stuff but I do have quite a few Synergy modules. I like the platform well enough…

Best Recto module I've heard so far is a Jaded Faith modded Blackout. Rob said he based it on pre-500 Rev C and D. I have a spare Egnater dual modual that I've been thinking about sending to him for that mod. If this really is going to be a Recto module I may have to hold off and see how the Synergy one will sound first.

The Randall Recto/Treadplate kind of sucked. The George Lynch/Friedman Grail I think was based off of early rectos and was amazing. Having that with a Red / Orange switch would be amazing
That Grail was a sleeper... I never did end up getting one but wish i had. Friedman 's modules for Lynch were among the best if not THE best. Brahma, judge, scary, grail... awesome stuff. Id love it if they released something like the grail with some options.

It definitely won't look as badass as my Rev G. My wife even likes the way it looks! 😎
IMG_3365.jpeg

I mean… it’s clearly on a piece of diamond plating that’s been color adjusted to almost appear white. You can tell it’s metal.

It’s a Recto. Not sure what they’re going to do to compensate for the limp-dicked Syn 50 power amp to make it feel “big”. Also if it’s not based on an older Rev I just don’t see it being very interesting.

I wonder since the Randall Treadplate was already a thing if it was easy for them to just revise that.
I think this is one thing that Randall did better... the power amp on my lynch box/rm100 sounds big. Density knob brings the chunk.

I mean… it’s clearly on a piece of diamond plating that’s been color adjusted to almost appear white. You can tell it’s metal.

It’s a Recto. Not sure what they’re going to do to compensate for the limp-dicked Syn 50 power amp to make it feel “big”. Also if it’s not based on an older Rev I just don’t see it being very interesting.

I wonder since the Randall Treadplate was already a thing if it was easy for them to just revise that.
Yeah that power amp doesn't punch well.

Hard to get excited about the Synergy line at all really, they all start sounding pretty similar after a while unless you have multiple power amps to go with it. At that point, a few heads makes more sense.

It strikes me that a lot of players still don't realise that a significant amount of 'tone', and certainly response, is in the power amp.

Hard to get excited about the Synergy line at all really, they all start sounding pretty similar after a while unless you have multiple power amps to go with it. At that point, a few heads makes more sense.

It strikes me that a lot of players still don't realise that a significant amount of 'tone', and certainly response, is in the power amp.

I remember that I had an early Egnater modular preamp when they first came out. I did some tube rolling one day and found that there wasn't much difference between a lot of the modules. They could be EQ'd to sound like another. Eventually sold it and never went back.

I think this is one thing that Randall did better... the power amp on my lynch box/rm100 sounds big. Density knob brings the chunk.
Yeah my mother guitar player in the Maiden tribute has the Lynch and Hammet RM100. Both are modded to use the dual channels of the Sunergy stuff.

Yeah fortunately I’ve get multiple PA’s. I don’t gig the Syn stuff. Just for content and recording. It’s not amazing but cheap enough and fun.

It’s going to take some doing to get a convincing Recto tone out of a preamp module considering a good chunk of the Recto sound comes from the power section and its zero negative feedback design.

It’s going to take some doing to get a convincing Recto tone out of a preamp module considering a good chunk of the Recto sound comes from the power section and its zero negative feedback design.
Apparently they have come across some way of incorporating the power amp sound/ feel into the module. Not sure what that really means but i guess we will find out

Apparently they have come across some way of incorporating the power amp sound/ feel into the module. Not sure what that really means but i guess we will find out

Unless the module can literally reach over and turn the Presence and Depth knobs on a separate poweramp to 10, that sounds like marketing BS to me.

The most probable equivalent to that kind of thing would be to just cram a shitload of high treble and sub bass into the module and design it to compensate for the "most standard" scenario of a rack poweramp dialed "normally" in other words with significant negative feedback (Presence and Depth around noon or so). The Presence control on a Recto's modern channel is just a simple preamp high cut filter so they could still add that control to it and it would behave like the real thing in that regard though.

The biggest challenge is going to be incorporating a Synergy Recto preamp (which basically needs a poweramp's presence and depth maxed out to sound right) with all the other Synergy preamps, most of which are designed around amps that use much more negative feedback.

I think a Synergy Recto preamp could sound great with the proper poweramp and settings if you're only going to be using the Recto module though, sure.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like a 1:1 copy of a Rev C but does sound like it belongs in the Recto line. I do like that you can set both channels to either orange or red mode. Definitely want to see a few more videos with some knob turning before I make any final judgements.

Synergy experts....what about the SYN1 running through your amp. Is it worth it?

I've been interested in the Synergy stuff since it hit but as has been mentioned on here the power amp, dense/resonance accounts for alot. I had thought about the SYN 50 head but heard it's a little light in the trunk.

So thoughts about the SYN1? Running through a Marshall (34's) or EVH (6L6's) power section?

Back