So where did Fryette go??

midnightlaundry

Website says they moved over the Labor Day Weekend, but the website hasn't updated... Bigger building?
I'm waiting for a video but nothing..
The new Ultralead?? LOL

Im assuming he’s busy setting up still in the new location so it may may be a while before he lets us know where he went.

Saying that I’m in the market for a PS100 so this really sucks lol.

He's trying to come up with a new and clever anti-PTP/tone snob (maybe updating it to be anti-digital???) quote that will adorn the PCB boards of upcoming amp models but he's got writer's block. To those wondering what the hell I'm talking about:

b4f073b613a0fcf479aec94372dcf09f.jpg

Last edited:
Really hope we get some details on a new Ultralead soon-ish
I really hope Steven Fryette can really make the UL tone to cover more ground.... from the old UL tone to his modern future on how the Sound of modern high gain should be....

Instead of just only adding more features....

I would expect less features if anything.

I believe it will have 4th channel based on the Sig X clean channel.

I would not expect any major voicing changes. Not anymore than the updates from over the years.

Man, you ever try a Sig:X?
It does Country and Western..

Lol... no @midnightlaundry ... my VHT quest starts after getting that humble 50CL... nice little 50watter with two high gain channel.... like the green !! Since then i been wanting to try the UL...

Gotten one off from a member here he shipped it down to where i am did a little conversion on the mains and subsequently i found a CLX at nice price and then the D120....

Like both the UL and CLX alot !! The 50CL is alittle different , the D120 crushes with an old jb bridge but it didnt like the lundgrens like the UL does....

So coming from the standpoint where am in... i pretty much has the Fryette tone in each of a slightly different variation...

So if the new UL is gonna speaks with only added features without the tone change and feel of the amp errrrr then not really a thing for me.... unless its gonna have a different feel change ie from "stiff" to more "bouncy" when you chug... have a slightly more gain on tap, making it larger wider less focus , more crazy tight lowend, huge headroom, an improved clean channel ...thats gonna be Siiicckkk!!!

Last edited:
Back