***SOLD***2006 Gibson Custom R7 Goldtop w/MCP Pickups - $3,000

guitarded_1

I have this one on Reverb and have received a couple of offers, but I am putting up for sale here at a lower price. Some guys like haggling, but I don't care for the dance, so I try to price my items on the low end of the range. Having said that, I am firm on this one at ***SOLD***. Paypal, Venmo, Zelle.

Up for sale is my 2006 Gibson Custom Shop 1957 Reissue Les Paul Standard Goldtop. I tend to favor my 1958 reissue these days and I can't afford to keep both guitars. Overall, this guitar is in very good condition. I am the 2nd owner. This guitar came to me with some natural looking wear in one spot at the bottom of the body, probably where something was rubbing up against it while playing, but I think that it looks pretty cool, like natural relicing. There's a bit of buckle rash and some normal wear here and there for a 2006 year of manufacture. It's not a case queen, and it also hasn't been abused. Frets are in good shape with some minor wear, but tons of life left in them. Overall, a pretty nice specimen.

Pickups were not stock when I bought it and I replaced them with a set of Motor City Pickups. The bridge pickup is a Motor City 2nd Degree Black Belt - think beautiful sounding medium output PAF tones. Neck pickup is a Motor City T Wreck - think super clear Gibson T-top tones. A truly awesome pickup combo.

Original case and certificate of authenticity is included. 9.5 lbs on the bathroom scale. NO TRADES.

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

Last edited:
I received a question about pickup impedance. I don't have a meter, but they should both measure in the low to mid 8k range. Nice, solid, medium output pickups.

Back