Soldano Astroverb 16 Head...Kickass???

I had an Atomic 16 once, predecessor, damn nice amp. Not for metal but almost anything else.

Just for the price you can also get much more "grown up" amps, with 50W or 100W, that sound bigger.

If you mainly play at home and do recording, and only play out from time to time, this might be the right thing for you.

Go try it somewhere!

I haven't heard of Astroverb but with the same amount of money you can get a VHT Super 30. Gr8 amp, 2 separate channels, parallel loop, tube spring reverb, line out + 2nd speaker out (must hear it on a 4x12) and can do metal easier than this Soldano.
Can stand up pretty well next to my VH4 trust me.

I have an astroverb that's pretty cool. Someone told me it sounds much like the SLO crunch channel, but I've never played a SLO to see. To me it sounds like a higher gain Marshall 800 type tone. I'm not sure it could cover ultra high gain stuff but for 80's type of stuff it's pretty cool. That being said, I paid 550.00 off of ebay, and I think that's in the ball park for worth. Check them out on ebay, you can find them most of the time.

:|::QBB:
JohnRageOn":7b33a said:
I haven't heard of Astroverb but with the same amount of money you can get a VHT Super 30. Gr8 amp, 2 separate channels, parallel loop, tube spring reverb, line out + 2nd speaker out (must hear it on a 4x12) and can do metal easier than this Soldano.
Can stand up pretty well next to my VH4 trust me.

+ 100000 - GREAT advice.

I've owned both of those amps, the Astro is not even in the same ballpark as the Super 30 when it comes to quality tones. And yeah, the Super 30 will do metal.

Steve E

Back