Soldano Avenger 50 vs. Fryette Deliverance 60

the VHT is way drier. Its a much more tight gain structure. not to say the soldano is sloppy, in any way. they both have thier applications.
mudvayne was a big VHT user
`

VHT'S are very tight and articulate, and fair to say on the dryer side. The Avenger has a more juice to it. Both offer up an excellent amount of gain. Both have their own thing going for them, neither better or worse than the other, just different animals.

The answer you're looking for is "just buy both" :rock:

I have played both, I own and like the VHT/Fryette d60h better,very punching and aggressive,very fast attack, in your face, its old Van halen sounding(Van halen 1).Ive played many,many amps from A to Z and this amp has it.

well ive owned close to both pitbull 100 and avenger 100, still have the avenger it just rips shit! its "my" tone the vhts are very dry and seem like you have to be absolutely perfect or its not gonna sound good, and im never really perfect so didnt work out...get the soldano

Are there any other super sensitive, bare bones like the Fryette, but not as dry.and tight,.but still super responsive and dynamic? I would love an amp where I could do everything with my volume knob. I thought about buying a Deliverance 60 and installing a loop, but I don't like amps that are super dry.and tight.
I was thinking maybe something by Fargen.

richedie":17n9jyg9 said:
Are there any other super sensitive, bare bones like the Fryette, but not as dry.and tight,.but still super responsive and dynamic? I would love an amp where I could do everything with my volume knob. I thought about buying a Deliverance 60 and installing a loop, but I don't like amps that are super dry.and tight.

Mark series. Also, Baron amps seem to have the really fast and sensitive response, but with more juice. (only going by clips and word of mouth on that one)

richedie":ndikldp5 said:
The D60 doesnt come with reverb, so yes it will be dry. It's not tight like an UL, but not loose either.

I love the Mark V and wish Mesa would make a plug n play version of the Mark V. I will no longer buy three channel amps or amps with lots of choices, knobs and switches. I want plug in play, like the Mesa Electradyne. Speaking of the Electradyne...it is the best amp I have played in many, many years....so sensitive, punchy, huge, huge sounding, wide, the most 3-D and exciting Mesa Boogie I have played in 26 years.

I've had my D60 for like four years now I think??

It's easily my favorite amp. Imagine a modernized 2204 with "more of everything" available and that's the basic jist of the D60.

Only thing I worry about is I hate metal and anything remotely close to shredding so I wonder if it will not be for me. :)

Well, the OP started asking about these 2 specific amps, and the answers are telling ya that the D60 is quite a do-all machine, and the Soldano's maybe not-so-much that do all machine. If you (richie) "hate" metal, then maybe neither of these 2 amps is for you. If you want a channel changer, maybe a used Einstein is more along the lines of what you're seeking - as both the D60 and the Soldano are well entrenched in their heavier/hard-rock lineage of pedigrees. But to the OP, the D60 rips.... I think Fryette amps are so underrated in today's world of heads.

Mo

Ventura":1ehaxy9t said:
Well, the OP started asking about these 2 specific amps, and the answers are telling ya that the D60 is quite a do-all machine, and the Soldano's maybe not-so-much that do all machine. If you (richie) "hate" metal, then maybe neither of these 2 amps is for you. If you want a channel changer, maybe a used Einstein is more along the lines of what you're seeking - as both the D60 and the Soldano are well entrenched in their heavier/hard-rock lineage of pedigrees. But to the OP, the D60 rips.... I think Fryette amps are so underrated in today's world of heads.

Mo

I have played the D-60 before but like you said....not my cup a tea. To me it sounds like a modern Plexi with more gain and does clean, light and medium crunch as well as any. Same with the Sig X. But, Fryette amps don't allow me to feel comfortable....feel too exposed. If I am having a bad night.....I hat how exact they are. Electradyne is a little more forgiving. :)

In my opinion the Deliverance excels at blues and classic rock; you definitely aren't stuck in hard rock/metal mode with it.

Really the only thing it doesn't do is super loud, clean cleans. It starts to break up really quickly.

I've yet to spend any quality time with a D60, but it's been on my radar now for about 6 months. I have all the amps I could want, pretty well all the tones in my head are easily accessible with a flick of the switch. But the D60 when I did give it a whirl was so in-yer-face and tasty. Very aggressive (the way it was EQ'd at the time of test driving it), I remember the immediacy of it - it was like BAM!!!! Solid. Simple panel, everything sounded good, and it seemed to have cut to it for sure.

My only experience with Soldano was the SLO and the HR100+, both of which I ended up selling after maybe 6 months to a year of jammin' and recording with. They weren't my cup of tea, so it goes.

Ah, hell, if there was ever "the worlds best amp bar none mega the best ever", we'd all have nothing to do here :LOL: :LOL:

The Avenger get's too loose for me just as the gain starts getting interesting. The VHT lacks a certain amount of grease. Maybe the perfect amp is in-between. Oh yeah, It's called a Marshall :LOL: :LOL:

.....I would like to try a Deliverence for a while though :thumbsup:

I agree that the Avenger gets loose at about 7 on the gain dial. It has a huge metal sound, but excels more at dynamics, warmth and punch. I haven't played a VHT, but the Soldano is great if you want a fat high gain tone with great dynamics.
I would guess that the VHT has more usable gain though.
The Avenger is kind of a mess after 8 and too thin below 5.

D-Rock":jcbvv4sb said:
I agree that the Avenger gets loose at about 7 on the gain dial. It has a huge metal sound, but excels more at dynamics, warmth and punch. I haven't played a VHT, but the Soldano is great if you want a fat high gain tone with great dynamics.
I would guess that the VHT has more usable gain though.
The Avenger is kind of a mess after 8 and too thin below 5.

I found with a medium output humbucker the gain is useless past 12 O'Clock. And it just doesn't have the spank on lower settings like a good 6 knob marshall does.

Back