Solo boost for an MC?

LP Freak

I was wondering what you guys are doing for a solo boost on you MC's. I'm looking for a volume boost loud enough to get out in front of the rest of the band. Without an FX loop it makes it kinda tuff. Any ideas? :confused:

Lp Freak":ue0r1wq5 said:
I was wondering what you guys are doing for a solo boost on you MC's. I'm looking for a volume boost loud enough to get out in front of the rest of the band. Without an FX loop it makes it kinda tuff. Any ideas? :confused:

timmy

Lp Freak":3knnxzd3 said:
Superunknown":3knnxzd3 said:
Analogman KOT

I'm not familiar with this. What is it? :confused:

King of Tone. You have to be on a waiting list to get one and it is about 1 yr long last I checked. People selling them on ebay, but charging double the price.

Quinn.

Yea, I just checked out the website and saw that. I'm not looking to wait a year.

Do these give a volume boost through the front of the amp?

Not sure never tried it to push for solos. I sold mine a while back. Not because it's bad but just wasn't what I was looking for at the time. Maybe try out the Lizard Legs effects Flying Dragon. It has been getting great reviews. Not too pricey either. They actually have a Double Dragon now for around $240.

Quinn.

Lp Freak":nzq46yt2 said:
Yea, I just checked out the website and saw that. I'm not looking to wait a year.

Do these give a volume boost through the front of the amp?

I use my KOT with my MC for a bit of clean boost and OD. The KOT also has a great distortion mode. Really nice pedal that doesn't change your tone. Just get on the list now. I had totally forgotten that I was even on the list when Mike sent me the email telling me that my pedal was ready.

Brad is right about the Klon.....that's a badass pedal as well....

I've got a MXR 10 band. I usually put that through the FX loop and it acts as a second MV but with no loop I don't know. I'll have to give that a whirl. ;)

Back