Some vintage fusionbear!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fusionbear
  • Start date Start date
Fusionbear

Fusionbear

Well-known member
My old singer posted our low-budget video demo we did in 1990....

Fun times. You may get a glimpse of my Mesa rack and two full Mesa 4x12 stacks.

Guitar was a Kramer Stagemaster with Ultrasonics and the Anderson Switcharoo setup. I used a Nady wireless...

I recorded with the Mesa setup.

I recently reconnected with all the band members. They are all doing well...




We almost got signed to Capitol records. But, thankfully we passed..

A year later grunge killed all this kind of music....lol...
We probably would have ended up shelved and in debt to the record label....
 
My old singer posted our low-budget video demo we did in 1990....

Fun times. You may get a glimpse of my Mesa rack and two full Mesa 4x12 stacks.

Guitar was a Kramer Stagemaster with Ultrasonics and the Anderson Switcharoo setup. I used a Nady wireless...

I recorded with the Mesa setup.

I recently reconnected with all the band members. They are all doing well...




We almost got signed to Capitol records. But, thankfully we passed..

A year later grunge killed all this kind of music....lol...
We probably would have ended up shelved and in debt to the record label....

Did you keep that guitar?
 
Yep, that was what mine was too...
I think mine was a factory mutt, it has no serial number and mixed color hardware.

Here's an old pick but I think I made it all black hardware at some point.

WP_20180403_001.jpg
 
Mine was like that too, but in a metallic blue of some sort.... it was a killer guitar!
Yeah, it looked like real nice guitar. That was their flagship model back then, it must have cost you a pretty penny.
 
Yeah, it looked like real nice guitar. That was their flagship model back then, it must have cost you a pretty penny.

I got a great deal on it. The singer worked at a music store. At the time Tim Gaines was out of Stryper and was the manager at that same store. They gave me cost plus 10%.
 
I got a great deal on it. The singer worked at a music store. At the time Tim Gaines was out of Stryper and was the manager at that same store. They gave me cost plus 10%.
Awesome, maybe you can hunt it down and buy it back.
 
My old singer posted our low-budget video demo we did in 1990....

Fun times. You may get a glimpse of my Mesa rack and two full Mesa 4x12 stacks.

Guitar was a Kramer Stagemaster with Ultrasonics and the Anderson Switcharoo setup. I used a Nady wireless...

I recorded with the Mesa setup.

I recently reconnected with all the band members. They are all doing well...




We almost got signed to Capitol records. But, thankfully we passed..

A year later grunge killed all this kind of music....lol...
We probably would have ended up shelved and in debt to the record label....

That's some tasty playing dude, sounds cool
 
Where to begin... for being on a limited budget, this was some serious level product for the time. The sound production and mix is excellent. I have heard major label releases that don't sound this good. Great song - catchy. Solid singer. Killer guitar tone. And flat killer playing! Damn! Our timing must have been similar. I came out to LA in early '94 and was lucky enough to play some of the better known venues before it all fizzled out. Had a bit of label interest - a couple of showcases at a nice rehearsal place in North Hollywood - but nothing ever came of it. We had some talent on the stage, but I stipulate, we did not have the polish you guys did. Might not have gone as far as any of us wished at the time. But how cool to have a piece of product like this floating around online. Anyone would be proud of this!!!
 
That's awesome Carl. It reminded me a bit of one of the only videos of Randy Rhoads playing. He's ripping a great solo like you and they are filming the bass player.
 
Sounded great Carl, like a mix between TNT, White Lion and Winger all wrapped up into one. Loved your riffs and leads in the song!:2thumbsup:

Do I hear a slight detune/chorus on the guitar tone???
 
Last edited:
My old singer posted our low-budget video demo we did in 1990....
That's some killer stuff there Carl! It's great to see you still active on the scene. Maybe one day I can make it out to L.A for some west coast fun and games. I'd like to hit a couple of the blues jams down there.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top