Sound like RAMMSTEIN!

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

Huge Rammstein fan here and since there is a new album coming soon (Zeit) I thought it would be a fun little challenge to try to sound like Rammstein with the gear that I have. Richard and Paul have had various guitar tones over the years so I'm basically aiming for an approximation of the live sound but in a studio setting. For Richard's tones I'm using my Dual Rectifier of course since Richard is a big Rectifier user and for Paul's tones I'm simply using his Tech 21 PL1 Fly Rig. I don't have one of the signature Rammstein guitars so I'm just sticking with my LTD Phoenix Arctic Metal with the EMG81TW.

I think the results are pretty good! When I first heard the blend between the Recto and the Fly Rig I was pleasantly surprised at how well the tones blended. They really fill eachother out nicely! Here's the video with the tones and explanation:

Any Rammstein fans in here? What are some of your favorite albums, songs and/or tones? One of my favorite tones is from Mein Teil. So massive! Currently my favorite album is the last one. I love the songs but the live show in Rotterdam was simply mind blowing!

Nice job!
Big fan here, especially the older albums. The newer albums have some great songs indeed (Deutschland - the song is a masterpiece), but do not have the consistency in quality of the old.

My "perfect" Rammstein song, riff, text and sound is Stein um Stein, especially the culmination that starts at 2:45:

Nice job!
Big fan here, especially the older albums. The newer albums have some great songs indeed (Deutschland - the song is a masterpiece), but do not have the consistency in quality of the old.

My "perfect" Rammstein song, riff, text and sound is Stein um Stein, especially the culmination that starts at 2:45:

Thanks! Love that song too!! They have so many great moments for sure. One of my recent favorites is "Was Ich Liebe". It was probably the best show opener I've ever witnessed, a surprising one too!

Back