Spdif connection from Torp Studio to AI- am I doing it right

CCT

Hey guys,

I've finally had a chance to experiment with the Spdif connection but wonder if I've got everything routed properly. I'm using a Focusrite 18i8 and do believe I have it set as the slave. The TS "sync" is set to internal.

The Spdif ins and outs are connected between the TS and the Focusrite, and the TS analog outs are connected to the Focusrite mic pre's 1 and 2.

Is this correct?

The connection I'm questioning the most is the TS analog out to the Focusrite's mic pre 1/2. On one hand it seems illogical to use analog outs when using the digital Spdif connections...but when I disconnected the analog out connection, I lost the sound.

I'm sooooo confused :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

Looks ok to me, cable-wise. It just seems to me that you are listening to your mic inputs, instead of the S/PDIF input... :)

The analog outputs should not be necessary if you are using the S/PDIF ;)

Thanks for the help :thumbsup: I think you're right, I must be listening to the mic inputs then. I'll look at the Focusrite's mix software again to see if that's what I did wrong.

Ok, got it working with help from Sweetwater :thumbsup: I needed to change routings in Focusrite's mix control-which the Sweetwater tech agreed is not the most intuitive- and input routing in Reaper. Another step up the learning curve ladder :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

Thanks again for sending me in the right direction :worship:

Craig

Back