Speaker Suggestions

As stated greenbacks will be warmer and looser- but to me they aren't punchy. Maybe a creamback might be a better choice to tighten things up a bit but still get that warmer greenback vibe.

Side note, I can't stand the G12H30. Just too stiff and harsh to my ears.
The G12H30 is just too fizzy for my taste. It makes my 5150III 50 watt sound bright and fizzy. they do sound good with my Soldano Avenger.

I think the M-65 Cream / V-30 is the hidden gem of speaker pairing.

They each bring something that the other lacks entirely. The pair is almost 3-D sounding.

So in a Friedman 4x12 loaded with 2 GB's on top and 2 V30's on bottom, would you swap for the Creambacks on top or would an X pattern work better?

I have a marshall 1960BHW and i'm not a fan at all of the G12H30 speakers that are in it. Thinking of Switching to 2 V30's & 2 of the EVH Greenbacks. or Possibly 4 of the EVH Green backs. or Possibly 4 of the V30. What would you recommend? The G12H30 are too fizzy on the high end, they just have this Character on the High End i don't like.
I’d buy those H30s !

So in a Friedman 4x12 loaded with 2 GB's on top and 2 V30's on bottom, would you swap for the Creambacks on top or would an X pattern work better?
I would put the creambacks up top in place of the greenbacks. You’re basically replacing it with the same type of speaker just different wattage handling and I believe the db efficiency mismatch will be about the same as with the greenbacks

Back