Speakers for MTL?

saxxamafone

Noticed Wizard doesn't have V30s as an option on their website.

That's what i've been using with my MTL and I haven't been 100% happy.

Needs more bite and a bump in the higher mids.

What speaker do you guys recommend for a modern high gain tone?

I use a Uberkab with v30s and 75s mix . It just works . Idk . Usually I don’t like 75s at all but it sounds great

I use a Uberkab with v30s and 75s mix . It just works . Idk . Usually I don’t like 75s at all but it sounds great
I think it’s partly a good combo, but also I’ve done so many speaker swaps in my Uberkab and that cab just doesn’t seem to sound that different even with radically different speakers. I think a lot of it is just the character of the cab itself you’re hearing

I think it’s partly a good combo, but also I’ve done so many speaker swaps in my Uberkab and that cab just doesn’t seem to sound that different even with radically different speakers. I think a lot of it is just the character of the cab itself you’re hearing
Interesting. Does make sense because I have a bunch cabs with the same v30s and you can’t tell they all have v30s they sound super different

How’s the lows on these ? And do you mix them with another ?
They're lean on the lows (partly from being just 20 watts I'm guessing), but really tight and fast responding. I got best results with them on top and on bottom something else with deeper/stronger lows and more wattage. As far as non-vintage speakers go they are imo some of the best I've tried, although I'm lucky enough to have some real pre-rola versions, so I've not used my heritage ones in a while now

Back