Spent an hour with my Maxon OD808 and MI-Audio Blues Pro.

thiswaythatway

And I'm going to sell the Blues Pro. The maxon just sounds better. The Blues Pro does have more of a level boost and would work well on an amp that doesn't generate much gain but on my Boogie at medium gain levels the Maxon's tone was much better to my ears. It sounded tighter and crisper in the mids, the Blues Pro in comparison sounded looser. The Blues Pro is in perfect shape and I'll sell it for $100 shipped to the lower 48 states or I'll trade it for something. I'll post in the spam thread.

danyeo":0ab7f said:
And I'm going to sell the Blues Pro. The maxon just sounds better. The Blues Pro does have more of a level boost and would work well on an amp that doesn't generate much gain but on my Boogie at medium gain levels the Maxon's tone was much better to my ears. It sounded tighter and crisper in the mids, the Blues Pro in comparison sounded looser. The Blues Pro is in perfect shape and I'll sell it for $100 shipped to the lower 48 states or I'll trade it for something. I'll post in the spam thread.
Hmmmm, I may be interested!!!

I also got my Maxon OD808 today and compared it side by side with my OCD. I really liked the Maxon OD, it really has a very transparent voicing. It really blends well with the clean channel and it's an awesome OD boost.

Nice to know you like it too bro.

Got any clips of both. At one time I was thinking of getting the MI audio blues pro.

I am looking for a distortion pedal of some sort right now. I am settled with Overdrives for now, thankfully.

The Blues Pro has 6dB of bass boost built in. Thats why it doesn't feel as tight as the 808

Back