Splawn nitro compare to Rectifier, Uberschall ,Diezel

I hear a lot of amp video, and i found the winner for my taste it's diezel Herbert with mid cut engaged and bogner uberschall, but there are is two problems: I order amps at the ukrainian boutique master «Crab» , And there is no schematic for Herbert ,and Uberschall has specific power which is difficult to create.
Can be nitro good alternative to Uberschall /Herbert?
I have dual rec, it's sound good, but i want try something different , but not as radical engl example. How Nitro feels compare to Rectifier ? Can Splawn do slipknot , mudvayne , korn , s.o.a.d and other alternative metal chug ?

Last edited:
Nitro is unique, it's worthy of being in your stable of amps but...

The Herbert is better for live playing, midi etc and honestly the best metal amp out there.

Triple Rec needs helps to tighten up, when it does it turns its a great Metal amp too. The Nitro is tighter and has a different gain sound, once you drop the low freq knobs you'll get a great tight metal chug. But it's also just 2 channels so you'll need a good pedalboard to get the range of tones from it from it's clean, heavy gain to soloing with delay etc live.

Thanks for reply. I found the of problem with Uberschall power amp. ( Uberschall has inductor in his power , and i can order it) but next question: Uberschall or Nitro?
I listening the demos of this amp and nitro is cool, huge, but dark , i can fix this, «crab» can modded nitro: put feedback at power amp , and mod the middle control (Mids Mod that takes the 10K factory dial and makes it a 25k) this mods shood be make nitro more cutting and aggressive. But Uberschall sounds cutting and aggressive without mods. What's order of these two?

Nitro is unique, it's worthy of being in your stable of amps but...

The Herbert is better for live playing, midi etc and honestly the best metal amp out there.

Triple Rec needs helps to tighten up, when it does it turns its a great Metal amp too. The Nitro is tighter and has a different gain sound, once you drop the low freq knobs you'll get a great tight metal chug. But it's also just 2 channels so you'll need a good pedalboard to get the range of tones from it from it's clean, heavy gain to soloing with delay etc live.
Two channels it's not problem for me*

Agreed 2 channels is usually enough for most metal players, I like 3 minimum for metal so there's a dedicated 3rd channel for leads to add gain, change the eq and bump the volume etc.

The Uberschall will cost much more than a Nitro if that matters, also only the new Uber Ultra has fixed the Channel volume issue and the Uber Ultra is $3400.

Thanks @Pain for chiming in. Have not seen you around before but hope to see you around more often. I saw your other post in the 'Too much Bass' thread and noticed you have an Ubershall so I was going to ask you if you could help @John_ne_Karmack out :D

I see you've already tried. :cheers:

I don't think English is John's first language and I believe he wants to build an amp from scratch, not purchase one of these new or even used.

Is that right John?

I have not played either amp but I was going to say the Ubershall has more compression and saturation and therefore probably a bit easier to play - is that a fair statement?

I've sort of found my happy place on the Quick Rod with the treble at '0' and then an EQ in the loop with the treble boosted and bass dropped down a tad. Just a few dBs in either direction - nothing drastic.

Thanks @Pain for chiming in. Have not seen you around before but hope to see you around more often. I saw your other post in the 'Too much Bass' thread and noticed you have an Ubershall so I was going to ask you if you could help @John_ne_Karmack out :D

I see you've already tried. :cheers:

I don't think English is John's first language and I believe he wants to build an amp from scratch, not purchase one of these new or even used.

Is that right John?

I have not played either amp but I was going to say the Ubershall has more compression and saturation and therefore probably a bit easier to play - is that a fair statement?

I've sort of found my happy place on the Quick Rod with the treble at '0' and then an EQ in the loop with the treble boosted and bass dropped down a tad. Just a few dBs in either direction - nothing drastic.
It's right. «crab» should built one for me.

Build one huh, well that's a bucket really deep to get into but here's what I'd say for buying one of them now vs building...

Study up, your gonna need more than just slapping parts together to find your tone blend you're looking for.

Your gonna need $ to do so this, transformers and tweaks to your boards etc aren't gonna be cheap over time. You'll spend way more than buying an amp to do all this because it's not gonna happen fast and the results won't always be exactly what you like or expected.

Even after the above, there's a good chance you'll only gain pride in the end because of this....

How many top amps engineers are there in general, how many of those sound like an Uberschall or Nitro?
Ya the numbers getting small and these people have huge pasts before building the legend. Check out the Bogner story alone.

Even if you get good at all this, is the end result gonna be a best feature of a Nitro and Uberschall?
This is a mountainous task my friend, sorry but I don't think building first vs buying is the best route. I'd do this all as a fun hobby and have much lower expectations because of it was this easy every high school kid that takes an amp building summer course would pump out a great sounding amp in the end = nope.

I'm not saying to not try this, but I'm saying more on the time like this for 2024.....

Buy the amp you like now, if money's tight save up and get it in great condition used. Enjoy the awesomeness now and over the next 5 plus years put in the time and money to try to make a NitroSchall and in the end you win regardless. 🏆

^ good stuff @Pain

All true. I think he meant he was going to find someone to make a clone for him. But even then, an experienced builder is going to have trouble duplicating a high gain channel switching amp like these two beasts. Supplying Transformers alone is problematic from what I understand. But yeah, if you did want to learn how to build an amp from scratch, an eyelet PTP 2204 or old Fender circuit would be a better way to learn and practice me thinks. Or a kit from Ceriatone or Egnater.

@John_ne_Karmack - where are you in the world and what is <<crab>> ??

Build one huh, well that's a bucket really deep to get into but here's what I'd say for buying one of them now vs building...

Study up, your gonna need more than just slapping parts together to find your tone blend you're looking for.

Your gonna need $ to do so this, transformers and tweaks to your boards etc aren't gonna be cheap over time. You'll spend way more than buying an amp to do all this because it's not gonna happen fast and the results won't always be exactly what you like or expected.

Even after the above, there's a good chance you'll only gain pride in the end because of this....

How many top amps engineers are there in general, how many of those sound like an Uberschall or Nitro?
Ya the numbers getting small and these people have huge pasts before building the legend. Check out the Bogner story alone.

Even if you get good at all this, is the end result gonna be a best feature of a Nitro and Uberschall?
This is a mountainous task my friend, sorry but I don't think building first vs buying is the best route. I'd do this all as a fun hobby and have much lower expectations because of it was this easy every high school kid that takes an amp building summer course would pump out a great sounding amp in the end = nope.

I'm not saying to not try this, but I'm saying more on the time like this for 2024.....

Buy the amp you like now, if money's tight save up and get it in great condition used. Enjoy the awesomeness now and over the next 5 plus years put in the time and money to try to make a NitroSchall and in the end you win regardless.

Buy the amp you like now, if money's tight save up and get it in great condition used. Enjoy the awesomeness now and over the next 5 plus years put in the time and money to try to make a NitroSchall and in the end you win regardless. 🏆
I don't want built NitroSchall)))
Just add some mods in nitro for make him more hairy aggressive

I don't want built NitroSchall)))
Just add some mods in nitro for make him more hairy aggre
^ good stuff @Pain

All true. I think he meant he was going to find someone to make a clone for him. But even then, an experienced builder is going to have trouble duplicating a high gain channel switching amp like these two beasts. Supplying Transformers alone is problematic from what I understand. But yeah, if you did want to learn how to build an amp from scratch, an eyelet PTP 2204 or old Fender circuit would be a better way to learn and practice me thinks. Or a kit from Ceriatone or Egnater.

@John_ne_Karmack - where are you in the world and what is <<crab>> ??
I'm live in Ukraine, and «crab» it's ukrainian boutique amp master:

Back