Split/Parallel Wiring Suhr Aldrich (LP)

The Luke

My Les Paul Standard currently has Suhr Aldrich pickups in, but I am considering trying to make it more of a utility guitar.
Therefore, I am interested in alternative wiring options - as in splitting/parallel, but have never really looked into this before. I am looking to just widen its uses, maybe fake a tele/country style sound as best as this can, but I don't know where to start.
I have read people say the Aldrich splits really well, but as I have never tried splitting - what would you guys recommend to get a better country twang etc? Better to leave the scew or slug side on?
I have heard that Andy Wood has a switch to convert his bridge SSH+ to parallel wiring for, as the Suhr site says, more of a T-style single coil sound. This likely to get better results than splitting?

Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately I don't know most of the technical details.

But I did get my Les Paul copy (esp ltd ec-400) wired up with Suhr Doug Aldrich humbuckers, with a coil-split.

I love using the coil-split for clean tones, especially when using the middle position. The only thing that will improve it, is to get a middle pickup and a 5-way switch installed. I love the chunky roaring sound of my guitar but adore that Fender Glassy Twang as well.

Back