Split to 3 or more amps. Yall get up in here...

tubortski

:) Any other affordable choices than the Radial RD7? I know Lehle and Radial make a 2 way with phase switch but I'd really like 3 or more. It's a big jump from $200-$300 to $1K+...

Edit: It's for tracking. Phase flip is a must.

8len8":tn0qbr5t said:
Lehle makes a 3 way, but it's passive. Do you need active?

The Dual? There is a T output for tuner but "may" be used for a 3rd amp. Also, it may cause hum with output B and doesn't have a phase switch.

It's for recording and I'll be using passive. Various amps will be used, so I need that phase switch.

Look for a Framptone 3-banger, splits to three amps and tuner with groundlifts and phase flips. I think it´s out of production, but should be possible to find used.

I've been using an original Radial Switchbone for quite a while now to split to 2 amps. Looks like the new V2 Switchbone splits 3 ways.
I have a separate re-amp box / DI for re-amping, but if I was starting from scratch and didn't have the Switchbone or the Millennia TD-1, I'd just buy the JD-7. It has everything you need for splitting /re-amping.
Radial stuff is very high quality - Jensen transformers, class A buffers and the drag control is very useful. Great DI as well and built like a tank.
It's worth the money.

150753000000000-00-500x500.jpg

fusedbrain":3d0e8b9w said:
I've been using an original Radial Switchbone for quite a while now to split to 2 amps. Looks like the new V2 Switchbone splits 3 ways.
I have a separate re-amp box / DI for re-amping, but if I was starting from scratch and didn't have the Switchbone or the Millennia TD-1, I'd just buy the JD-7. It has everything you need for splitting /re-amping.
Radial stuff is very high quality - Jensen transformers, class A buffers and the drag control is very useful. Great DI as well and built like a tank.
It's worth the money.

It does! I´d missed that new V2 version, it would also work perfectly here. Out to three amps with phase and ground.

What about an Ampete 444? switches between 4 heads (1 at a time I believe) and 4 cabs (max 2 simultaneously). Plus you can connect the FX loops on all amps to the switcher which then has the master loop (i.e. using the same FX on all amps). unit can handle one impedance step difference, i.e. from 4 to 8 Ohm, but not from 4 to 16. Pretty expensive though (European price, just selected this for the English language; US prices may be higher:)

http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/ampete ... ystem.html

EDIT: nevermind, just saw that you want to split to use multiple amps at the same time, then the above unit is not suited to your needs.

Chester Nimitz":mf1cnc02 said:
fusedbrain":mf1cnc02 said:
No phase switches^^^

True but i use it with 3 amps and have no issues.

Its a good pedal with available 20db boost.

Yeah, but that´s just luck, many amps will in fact be out of phase. Unless you only use them one at a time, of course, then you´d never need a phase flip.

If you want a solid piece of studio quality gear with ground lift and phase control for all 3......

http://www.littlelabs.com/pcp.html

there's nothing that compares. i have had them all. this one has been with me for about 9 years now. also has input impedance control on each which dials in nicely. its not a switcher though.

That does look great and I can think of several ways I could use one right now, even if $1100 is pretty steep, but what an odd format - is it a 2U halfrack?

Voodoo lab amp switcher can do 4 amps and two seperate signal paths, also has ground lift built in. I used one with a 3 amp set up and it worked well, relatively cheap in comparison to others and can be found used regularly.

I use VooDoo Labs Amp Selector switch. It has grown lift and level for each channel. You can switch between any 4 amps or all 4 at once.

I use a Lehle Dual SGoS and a P-Split to my Reverend Kingsnake 1x12 combo amp, a Reverend Goblin 1x10 combo amp, and a Soldano Astroverb 16 combo amp. I also use a Zoom G9.2tt floor processor and a MIDI cable to switch the amps on the Dual SGoS amp switcher. I run the 3rd output of the Dual SGoS and use the P-Split to isolate the Goblin so it doesn't create a ground loop. It works really well for me my home studio.

Guitar George

steve_k":12uj7fft said:
If you want a solid piece of studio quality gear with ground lift and phase control for all 3......

http://www.littlelabs.com/pcp.html

there's nothing that compares. i have had them all. this one has been with me for about 9 years now. also has input impedance control on each which dials in nicely. its not a switcher though.

rack ears came with it. 2 units.

Back