SS100 V2 ever be released

My friend who owend a BE100 purchased SS V1 per my recommendation and LOVES it.
Is there a way to upgrade v1 to v2?

So the v2 never Was released? I thought I saw some for sale but I could be wrong. The v1 has so much that people like. I want one.

Not being snarky but if he LOVES the amp, why would he want to change it?
i believe one improvement is that the V2 allows you to dial in the boosted mode's volume/gain level whereas the V1 is a fixed boost amount when engaged. my friend was struggling with setting the amp where he liked it tonally on the crunch channel, but then when he hit the boost it was squealing with a feedback-like pitch both when playing and paused.

mind you the amp is part of a CAE 4 amp switching rig, and the dry output is feeding a fryette PS-2 to complicate/exacerbate things. we discovered that when he switched the ground switch on the ps-2, the squeal diminished 80 percent to where you could sorta get away with it while playing boosted, and then disengage the boost to cut the squeal. but perhaps the real fix lies in the modified boost controls.

i believe one improvement is that the V2 allows you to dial in the boosted mode's volume/gain level whereas the V1 is a fixed boost amount when engaged. my friend was struggling with setting the amp where he liked it tonally on the crunch channel, but then when he hit the boost it was squealing with a feedback-like pitch both when playing and paused.

mind you the amp is part of a CAE 4 amp switching rig, and the dry output is feeding a fryette PS-2 to complicate/exacerbate things. we discovered that when he switched the ground switch on the ps-2, the squeal diminished 80 percent to where you could sorta get away with it while playing boosted, and then disengage the boost to cut the squeal. but perhaps the real fix lies in the modified boost controls.
Isnt the boost the HBE channel or a variation of it? So you are playing on the BE channel and your gain, volume, eq is set but then boost to the HBE and it squeels because the gain is too high for HBE. Even on a BE100 the BE gain can be maxed out for me but if I go to HBE I need to knock it to 1'oclock or less. If I dont I get crazy noise.

Isnt the boost the HBE channel or a variation of it? So you are playing on the BE channel and your gain, volume, eq is set but then boost to the HBE and it squeels because the gain is too high for HBE. Even on a BE100 the BE gain can be maxed out for me but if I go to HBE I need to knock it to 1'oclock or less. If I dont I get crazy noise.
i'm not aware if this is so

I borrowed the SS100 v2 prototype for a few days. I can tell you it was a really, really great sounding amp. Dave killed it on that one. It still had the darkness of the V1 but was a little more compressed maybe. But in a good way.

He mentioned it in the latest Tone Talk as being near ready with some influencers who've got their hands on it already.

Dave, I picked up the V2 that Steve and you demoed over two years ago at Pitbull Audio.
Any tweaks since then?
842D4835-75FD-4D59-943F-6C6A5CCDB02B.jpeg

Back