Steaks Only (pics)

157620EE-A5B9-42F6-ACC4-560263F17BF0.jpeg

Grilled with an adobe fireplace with fresh local timber. Nothing beats wood flavor so far for me. 👍🏻

Costco choice fillet (this is half of it!) reverse seared to 125deg. 24+ hour dry brine with nothing but very expired McCormick steak seasoning my dad gave me :unsure:. I usually shy away from pre mixed seasonings, especially big name brands like McCormick, but this turned out surprisingly awesome. Basted with clarified butter. Could cut through this with a spoon.

PXL_20221231_015538360.PORTRAIT.jpg

We just got a Wagyu tri-tip from Whole Paycheck. We've never done a tri-tip before. TONS (literally) of steaks/roast/burger of course but never a tri-tip.

We don't have a smoker. Is it worth it to buy a cheap smoker just for this one time? Or will grilling be just about as good?

We just got a Wagyu tri-tip from Whole Paycheck. We've never done a tri-tip before. TONS (literally) of steaks/roast/burger of course but never a tri-tip.

We don't have a smoker. Is it worth it to buy a cheap smoker just for this one time? Or will grilling be just about as good?
You can do it indirect on a Weber kettle, just really regulate your fire temps and keep an eye on it.

You can do it indirect on a Weber kettle, just really regulate your fire temps and keep an eye on it.
It is doable. I've done it on a kettle grill but it takes a long time and a careful eye. I divide the grill in almost half with 2 regular bricks. Load the one side with charcoal the other side for the tri tip- Indirect heat is the key and you have to feed the charcoal multiple times unless you use a large chunk Lump charcoal. Good luck.

Yeah, you should clean that grill.

:aww:

I have a company come out every spring and do it when we do the pool deck, windows, etc. They do a great job and they make it look literally brand spanking’ new.

I’m not a huge fan of those v channel grates because that makes it messier, but they really do help with keeping a lot of shit from dripping on the burners.

Back