Stereo Rack with 80/90s U.D.O. "Timebomb" Steavens modded Marshall 2204

EddyLenz

Hey Guys,

SteavensBack1.jpg

Now that I have my stereo rack fully assembled again, I properly tried this amp in stereo for the first time and really liked it.

It's basically a 2,5 channel amp with a Treble, Bass, Volume Clean channel, and then a gain channel that has a crunch mode and a gain boost that works in both modes.

I really like how the amp sounds with the stereo rig because the rack smooths out the amp, which can be a bit farty/fizzy with a dry setup, depending on speakers, guitars...

On Timebomb, they mostly used a 1960B cab with G12-65, which I definitely have to get at some point.

Here's how it sounds!

that has gotta be fun to fiddle with.

somewhat related, but Wolf Hoffmans modded marshall jcm 800 was on ebay like 10-15 years ago. it was modded with 4 extra POWER tubes, and another transformer to be a stereo amp in one cabinet/chassis. I wonder where that one ended up...

Eddy, there's a fellow forum brother that sent his Steaven's amp or preamp to Steavens back in 2018, do you have contact info for Steavens? Guy would like his amp back...

that has gotta be fun to fiddle with.

somewhat related, but Wolf Hoffmans modded marshall jcm 800 was on ebay like 10-15 years ago. it was modded with 4 extra POWER tubes, and another transformer to be a stereo amp in one cabinet/chassis. I wonder where that one ended up...
Yeah, it was a crazy stereo mod.

Eddy, there's a fellow forum brother that sent his Steaven's amp or preamp to Steavens back in 2018, do you have contact info for Steavens? Guy would like his amp back...
Unfortunately not. I've also looked for info but there's nothing and the company's been silent for a while as well.

Back