Stereo vs Dual Mono question

Oscars2021

Sorry for the beginner question, but can someone help please? I have read the relevant manual sections several times.

can the stereo output using twin tracker be transmitted through just the left XLR for example to an interface and into my DAW? Or would I only be receiving half the signal?

asking because normally XLR is stereo but I’m getting confused

Final 2 follow up questions, if you don’t mind?

1) if I instead used the headphone out jack to a TRS input on my interface would that work instead to provide the full stereo signal? If so is that compromising anything?

2) completely unrelated to question 1) - if I am in stereo mode, with twin tracker on, and I connect an XLR to TRS cable to each XLR out, could I then plug into an external reverb unit with 2 mono ins and 2 mono outs, then into a DAW or powered speakers and still preserve the stereo twin tracker signal with the added reverb?

Final 2 follow up questions, if you don’t mind?

1) if I instead used the headphone out jack to a TRS input on my interface would that work instead to provide the full stereo signal? If so is that compromising anything?

2) completely unrelated to question 1) - if I am in stereo mode, with twin tracker on, and I connect an XLR to TRS cable to each XLR out, could I then plug into an external reverb unit with 2 mono ins and 2 mono outs, then into a DAW or powered speakers and still preserve the stereo twin tracker signal with the added reverb?
There are 2 XLR outs on the rear side of the CaptorX - Left & Right - and these are there to offer you a number of different output options to your audio interface. You don't need to employ the headphone jack - just use both XLR outs on the rear of the CaptorX and within TorpedoRemote, you'll see how to pan those, stereo those, mono those, or whatever you wish. The headphone jack is for monitoring/silent playing, and if you're using your CaptorX in a studio style set-up, you should be monitoring your signal from your audio-interface's headphone(s) out, or the monitors themselves.

Your second question is a little difficult to decipher. But this is what I do know:
- you can use an external reverb unit on your guitar signal going IN to the CaptorX
- you can use the reverb/room/EQ parameters within TorpedoRemote to work your signal
- you can use 2 mono-outs on your audio-interface (providing your audio interface is equipped to deal with this), and loop them back into the audio interface just as you would an outboard FX processing loop
- the TwinTracker "effect" can be preserved right through to your monitors providing your signal chain allows for it; where I'm a touch confused is your mention of "then into a DAW or powered speakers" - the DAW is where you'll be configuring your audio-interface's I/Os, how everything is ported, and how it ports to the final destination of the studio monitors.

Hope this helps.
Mo

Back