Stolen Marshall 2555SL on Ebay

lespaul6

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this amp.. I sold it to this seller in April 2019, I didn't request signature confirmation with my fedex tracking. When the item was delivered "to the customer" per fedex tracking I thought everything was good. He waited 5 days and told ebay the amp was never delivered. Ebay, despite the fedex tracking evidence, sided with him due to no signature confirmation. So they charged back my paypal account $1650. He now has my amp and the money.

HIs name is Nathan Weddington and he lives in Flemington Ky.

the amp has distinctive markings around the faceplate and backplate. He took off the handle. Here is a link to the ebay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marshall-S...rentrq:18918cd81780ab8cd7d2a0fbfff1480a|iid:1

I called the SO in Flemmingsburg… they talked to their state attorney office who said it would be a civil matter.. they were not sure how to handle it as it crossed a few state lines. They have to have a physical place where the "theft" or fraud occurred etc... Fedex would even let me know who the driver was that delivered it that day..

I contacted Ebay about it today.. they are the ones that sided with him and moved the debt over to Paypal… which has, surprise, the same policy regarding deliveries.

I was used to dealing with the close knit group of musicians on these forums and didn't realize what a mistake I made here.. never again.

Last edited:
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this amp.. I sold it to this seller in April 2019, I didn't request signature confirmation with my fedex tracking. When the item was delivered "to the customer" per fedex tracking I thought everything was good. He waited 5 days and told ebay the amp was never delivered. Ebay, despite the fedex tracking evidence, sided with him due to no signature confirmation. So they charged back my paypal account $1650. He now has my amp and the money.

HIs name is Nathan Weddington and he lives in Flemington Ky.

the amp has distinctive markings around the faceplate and backplate. He took off the handle. Here is a link to the ebay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marshall-Slash-Amp-Head-100-watt/154365072746?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=692142d64ae4489b9990fdcb65bed15d&pid=100675&rk=1&rkt=15&mehot=none&sd=154365072746&itm=154365072746&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2380057&brand=Marshall&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:c9192ef0-8111-11eb-8b1b-06faeacc86f2|parentrq:18918cd81780ab8cd7d2a0fbfff1480a|iid:1

So that's another new twist to scamming sellers, wow... it just keep getting worse. I'm starting to think they are trying to discourage private sales of used items.

Could you have a lawyer call the local police department in his town, now that you have proof he has stolen goods? Just a thought........:yes:

When I spoke to the sheriff's office there this morning they let me know they would help expedite if I decided to use a lawyer... honestly, the retainer would be more than the cost of the amp itself. I sold it to him for $1650

I could get you your amp back, but the last time I helped out people said I was crossing the line. I'll just say this..he is a very visable person online.
His facebook is under his name Nathan Weddington, he works or owns a body shop or something car related. He lives at 310 Crump lane Flemmingsburg Ky

When I did a google map street view it looked like he was in the middle of nowhere

The ad says it's been in his collection for many years.LOL. I guess it's been about 2 since he stole it?

Here is the receipt
IMG_0013.JPG

lol. It’s not advice. It’s what I would do. This thief needs a good kick to the teeth.
Fair enough. Im a big fan of karma as well and think a curb job would be suitable. But meeting the guy with the intention of taking it back after local LE has said it’s civil is a sure fire way to catch a case yourself. That’s the problem with e-commerce and these fucking scumbags. The states haven’t caught up law wise and the lines are too blurred.

I would take screen shots of his Ebay auction,get all your paperwork together and take it to small claims court.

Back