Stone Tone Modified Instruments

Stone Tone Products

DSC03477.JPG

IMG_2507.jpeg

This is a 70's re-issue that had a very rare unusual phenocryst that made this Guitar pop. David Harbison bought this @ the Namm Hilton where there was a silent auction 1/2 way thru the Muriel Anderson All-star Guitar night sponsoring the awesome organization "Little Kids Rock" so @ my 2nd Namm show 2006 I was asked if I wanted to participate so I donated this guitar for auction because it's all about the kids !

IMG_2524.JPG

Back 2004 where it all started with a bunch of parts I managed to get this put together to test the theory of my Idea.. The rest is History..

12291056_928644947171167_4662496753731159378_o.jpeg

IMG_2500.JPG

This Gibson Re-issued 63 Firebird breathes FIRE especially having lil soap bar pick-ups.. This bird has the ST Patented internal granite apparatus plus the string-thru block. I sold this to a good friend back 2010 who passed years ago and his wife auctioned off his guitar collection.. Then I heard it was floating around on Reverb for sale, I'd of bought it back just because it's bad ass if must say so myself besides the many others who's played it.

DSC09319.JPG

IMG_2543.JPG

IMG_2509.jpeg

Back 2006 I collaborated with some folks that had thier own ideas about my project than I did which is why it never came to market yet this guitar I still have and never let out of my sight, called the Pirahna weighs 7.5lbs & since the fossil looks like one that's how the name came about.. The 5 other guitars 1 short scale Barritone & a beautiful 5 string Bass I made with extreme detail having the body painted by my friend, a "portrait artist" book match the sides and back to make the wood body look like a solid stone is gone yet they can keep em since (to me) they have bad juju.. and represent thier corrupt decietful disgusting behavior but I have the Pirahna and the 2nd Barritione which one day I'll finish. Those days are gone yet still have a placement in my journey..

Last edited:
IMG_2526.JPG
This lady's a friend of mine and is a designer for the set of 2 1/2 men show and works in Malibu California so she stopped to admire my guitars curious of the weight and so amazed by how light and the fossil.. We had some nice conversation...

IMG_2545.JPG

This was the 4th Stone Tone double cut-away model produced called Giallo Argento, beautiful Italian granite adorned the face working in conjunction with the internal patented apparatus..

IMG_2523.JPG

This short scaled Barritone tuned to the banjo key of C is a monster.. Those who have played it have to transpose the notes compared to playing a normal scaled guitar.. This granite comes from Normay and is called Blue Pearl "Royale" Weighs 7.5lbs.

IMG_2504.JPG

2006 Winter Namm Show exhibiting down in Hall E where they say all the freaks and eccentrics reside in the dungeon of delights.. Well, we had major traffic and was the same year I was asked to donate a guitar my choice (Gibson Explorer) to the life alliance supporting the oranization "Little kids Rock"

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 7.56.11 AM.png

This is a Floyd Rose guitar commishoned by Ronny North a friend of mine who introduced me to Andy (President) of Floyd Rose back 2011 and for doing that I told Ronny to give me a guitar he wanted my to customize as an appreciation for that introduction that's led to a 10 year strong relationship.

I had to make that green since green in the marble and granite world is dark and not translucent like this stone turned out. I took a fragile pc of crystalline marble which is cloudy & translucent then stained it from the back with several types of green for the end result while the internal apparatus was granite like all the others I've made with a pc of brushed stainless under the bridge.. The N representing North his last name on all of his other guitars are a mailbox sticker so I said uh NO I'll do a dimensional N protruding the face.020 In Black granite which turned out TITS !

Back