Stone Tone sustain block data in comparison to Stock & Brass

Stone Tone Products

stonetone-ab_copy.jpg

This is just the "sniff test" but the guitar is audibly louder with the StoneTone unplugged and through the DAW. The baseline clip is on top, you can visibly see more volume and sustain. The clips are chopped to fit in the frame but the StoneTone signal is also longer (you will see that when I post all of the data). I need to plug it into the Marshall and give it the "real world" test. I need to see how my ears respond to the block. I also want to plug the clips into the Audio software to look at the frequency spectrum. I got the brass block today it will be interesting to see the results from all three.

I should have the end-to-end review and rundown in a few days. This is the first time on TMRZoo.com we have gone this far to analyze a product. Typically our reviews are based on our opinions and experiences. It is cool that this thread and product pushed us to drill down this deep into the attributes of this product.

So far all of the claims that StoneTone have made are true.

I just gave the guitar a rip through the Marshall and I can't wipe the grin off my face. The response and harmonics are wild. This guitar has fantastic pickups, prototypes hand wound by Lindy Fralin himself. However, it is like I am really hearing them for the first time. Great mids and the sustain is freaking wild. I was popping Zakk sequels and hitting the tremolo and they went on forever. I can't wait to rip on this beast at practice on Sunday.

I did get the chance to pop in the brass. The Stone Tone is going back in. The best I can describe it is the Stone Tone sounds more natural. I hear more of the pickup with the Stone Tone it seems to bloom and sounds more open.

Robert thank you for turning me onto this product.

Bruce G. Owens

Chris Poland, Nick Menza, Robby Pags Pagulari.
Here is a video Chris recently sent me to post for you guys quoting how much he digs the rock blocks. Enjoy !

10463031_10152191203276752_131502403904407412_n_d90caf62-c0b5-4f6e-b064-05f2f8b030bb.jpg

slyym":3rzl9ovn said:
No need to be a dick to the guy I don't think!

That was not me being a dick.... Trust me. Simply stated my opinion. This company already had a huge thread that im sure most of us read, a few months back. I think that thread was enough to get the idea what the product is.

Stonetone® Products":2oqq2ok0 said:

What's interesting to me is that if somebody asked me "what's different about these waveforms" my answer would be that one still has some its dynamic range intact and one is normalized and compressed into oblivion.

You guys wanted some proof signal wise related to the Floyd Rose press release stating this product will decrease signal loss by 30% which Steve Henning provided you with in great detail in the other thread... Well, here is a current signal test Bruce VP of sales and Marketing did about a week ago while finishing up with the frequency test that will come when the full review is done within a couple a days now by http://www.tmrzoo.com. That's all, hope everyones having a great weekend because life is great on this end ! Cheers fellas !

When the other guys who bought your product(Steve/cant remember the other) said they heard a difference, thats all i needed to hear. I believe you, but i dont care. Ive never felt i needed more sustain in my floyd guitars. Im sure your product is fine.

paulyc":1l3j4lf5 said:
Please rename your company StonedTone because you're high if you think there's a product there

Is that so? LOL, :LOL: :LOL: well, you are entitled to your opinion but I am sure artists such as Jeff Loomis, Chris Poland, George Lynch, and hundreds more would disagree besides the many folks here who currently use them.

You can't knock it until you've rocked it ! :thumbsup:

Back